IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Issue in Executing Oracle Commands using ITPAM

Posted Aug 10, 2016 09:58 AM

I am trying to use Query Database operator in CAITPAM for executing oracle commands but I am not able to achieve the desired results. When I am executing the query for. e.g. "select * from V$Version", it should give the version of oracle database as output but the operator is failing every time giving the output as "Could not connect to the database".

I am using SunOS Solaris 11.2 version, Oracle Database 11g Enterprise version.

I am using the following inputs in Query Database operator:

Database Type

Server Host

Server Port

Database Name

Oracle Service ID

Oracle TNS Name

Oracle Driver Type

Has anyone tried/used CAITPAM for running oracle workflow ? How to execute the oracle commands using ITPAM ?

• 2.  Re: Issue in Executing Oracle Commands using ITPAM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2016 01:12 PM

Vidit,

You will need to add the Oracle driver to Manage User Resources.

This is outlined in the Administrator guide under Manage User Resources, then How to deploy JDBC drivers for Database Operators.

Log in to Process Automation as an administrator and select the Configuration tab.

On the left, select the Manage User Resources palette

Select the Orchestrator Resources folder

Click New.

The Add New Resource: "Untitled" pane opens.

Provide upload details in the following fields as appropriate:

a. Enter the name of the resource in the Resource Name field.

The following example is a reasonable way to specify the resource name if you are uploading a JDBC driver:

database_name Driver

database_name

Defines the name of the RDBMS. For example, Oracle Driver, MySQL Driver, or Sybase Driver.

b. Click Browse, navigate to the location where you saved the JAR file, and select the target file. This populates the Resource File field.

c. Select a user-specified module name from the Module Name drop-down list.

d. (Optional) Enter a description of the resource in the Resource Description field.

Verify your entry, and then click Save.

A line with your entry displays.

CA Process Automation copies the uploaded resource to the following paths:

install_dir/server/c2o/ext-lib

install_dir/server/c2o/.c2orepository/.c2oserverresources/lib

install_dir

Defines the directory on the server where the Domain Orchestrator was installed.

Restart the Domain Orchestrator.

When the Domain Orchestrator restarts, the system deploys all jars that you uploaded to the Domain Orchestrator Resources. That is, CA Process Automation puts the jars in the classpath of the Domain Orchestrator.

After mirroring occurs, restart all other Orchestrators.

The system deploys all uploaded jars to all Orchestrators. That is, the system puts the jars in the classpaths of the Orchestrators.

Note: For clustered Orchestrators, restart each node.

~Jennifer

• 3.  Re: Issue in Executing Oracle Commands using ITPAM

Posted Aug 11, 2016 11:19 AM

Hi Jennifer,

I tried the suggestion you provided in the below mail of loading the Oracle driver in Process Automation Tool. Now when I run the workflow for executing the oracle commands I am getting the same error “Could not connect to the database”.

How does the communication happen between the orchestrator and the target database server? How do I connect to the Sqlplus application for executing oracle commands using CAITPAM?

Thanks and Regards,

Vidit Goel

HCL Technologies Ltd (US-Geo Automation)

M: +91 9717308301         www.hcl.com<http://www.hcl.com/>

• 4.  Re: Issue in Executing Oracle Commands using ITPAM
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 12, 2016 04:59 PM

Hi Vidit,

I have the DB operators working on oracle. Here is how managed resources should look like for both orchestrator and agent

and here is what connection url looks like for oracle express and you can see i have my credentials in global dataset. I hope this helps.

Thx Ed