ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ServiceNOW integration - open an INC when a job fails

Posted Jan 14, 2021 04:50 PM
    What is the best way to get an INC opened in ServiceNOW when a job fails? We had been using an SNMP trap to SolarWinds which then processed it and created an INC in ServiceNOW, but we are looking to eliminate the need for SolarWinds in that process as it provides no real value. Obvious option is to simply send an email that goes into ServiceNOW and then doing a filtering of that email to create an INC. Another choice was to try to get the alert in dSeries to run javascript that performs a POST to ServiceNOW. Is there any more direct integrated way to get this to happen? How have you done this in your company? We are on 12.2 release of dSeries.

• 2.  RE: ServiceNOW integration - open an INC when a job fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2021 11:32 PM
    Hi,

Most of the customers use the email option to raise a ticket in Service Now  as per my knowledge.

-Ravi Kiran

• 3.  RE: ServiceNOW integration - open an INC when a job fails

Posted Jan 15, 2021 09:57 AM
    Thank you. I will work with our ServiceNOW team to establish an appropriate input action and use the email method.

• 4.  RE: ServiceNOW integration - open an INC when a job fails

Posted Jan 29, 2021 02:14 AM
    We use an alert, which triggers an application, passing in some data.  That application in turn has a job which invokes powershell to create an incident record in SCSM.  Naturally the powershell could make an API call to ServiceNow.

We are looking at moving to ServiceNow in the next few years. Using email sounds easier, but we attach the spool file to the incident and I suspect our security department would frown on that data moving to the cloud in an insecure manner, so I'll likely have to rework the powershell to make a secure API call.

------------------------------
    Andy Reimer
    ------------------------------