DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CAPC user log activity

Posted Mar 31, 2021 02:39 AM
    Hi,

Does anyone have an idea on how to collect the CAPC user log activity?

Thanks,
    Uchira.

• 2.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2021 09:47 AM
    There is /opt/CA/PerformanceCenter/sso/logs/SingleSignOnAuditLog*.log that stores each time a user logs in.

There is /opt/CA/PerformanceCenter/PC/logs/PCService*.log that stores when a session has been invalidated for a user (logged out or timed out).
        Session for user 'admin' (id: 1) has been invalidated. Transferring logout to SSO.

Each service logs dir has a *_request_*.log that stores each IP that accesses the system and what URL they request, if you want to track IPs.

• 3.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Posted Apr 01, 2021 03:56 AM
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the update. I have checked the log file that you have mention but couldn't find the logs that I required. is this log update with the new release?

Thanks,
    Uchira.

• 4.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2021 10:29 AM
    The file is written to only when a user uses the login screen or comes in via SAML2.
    We start a new SingleSignOnAuditLog*.log each day.   I don't believe we clean these up at all.

You did notice I used * to mean any character in the log filename?  That goes for the other filenames also.

• 5.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Posted Jul 20, 2021 11:57 PM
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the update. I'm able to see user log activity from the SingleSignOnAuditLogs 

Is there an option to take the user activity log reports from CAPC?

Thanks,
    Uchira.

• 6.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 21, 2021 09:16 AM
    Nope, you can scrape the SSO audit logs (of logins) into something else that can report on them.
    You can scrape the PCService_request*.log for IPs if you want to track what IPs access PC.

• 7.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Posted Jul 21, 2021 01:41 PM
    It will be good like if we have rest call to get kind of information ,historical user logon activity and active user sessions

• 8.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Posted Jul 22, 2021 12:08 AM
    will this option be available in future releases?

• 9.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 22, 2021 09:34 AM
    Sorry, I don't know of any current plans to enhance the audit logging for users or track active user sessions in the pipeline.