DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

CAPC user log activity

• 1.  CAPC user log activity

Posted 03-31-2021 02:39 AM
    Hi,

Does anyone have an idea on how to collect the CAPC user log activity?

Thanks,
    Uchira.

• 2.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 03-31-2021 09:47 AM
    There is /opt/CA/PerformanceCenter/sso/logs/SingleSignOnAuditLog*.log that stores each time a user logs in.

There is /opt/CA/PerformanceCenter/PC/logs/PCService*.log that stores when a session has been invalidated for a user (logged out or timed out).
        Session for user 'admin' (id: 1) has been invalidated. Transferring logout to SSO.

Each service logs dir has a *_request_*.log that stores each IP that accesses the system and what URL they request, if you want to track IPs.

• 3.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Posted 04-01-2021 03:56 AM
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the update. I have checked the log file that you have mention but couldn't find the logs that I required. is this log update with the new release?

Thanks,
    Uchira.

• 4.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 04-01-2021 10:29 AM
    The file is written to only when a user uses the login screen or comes in via SAML2.
    We start a new SingleSignOnAuditLog*.log each day.   I don't believe we clean these up at all.

You did notice I used * to mean any character in the log filename?  That goes for the other filenames also.

• 5.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Posted 7 days ago
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the update. I'm able to see user log activity from the SingleSignOnAuditLogs

Is there an option to take the user activity log reports from CAPC?

Thanks,
    Uchira.

• 6.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 7 days ago
    Nope, you can scrape the SSO audit logs (of logins) into something else that can report on them.
    You can scrape the PCService_request*.log for IPs if you want to track what IPs access PC.

• 7.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Posted 6 days ago
    It will be good like if we have rest call to get kind of information ,historical user logon activity and active user sessions

• 8.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Posted 6 days ago
    will this option be available in future releases?

• 9.  RE: CAPC user log activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 6 days ago
    Sorry, I don't know of any current plans to enhance the audit logging for users or track active user sessions in the pipeline.