Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  CA Plex r7.2: Agile collaboration registration is now open

Posted May 21, 2014 10:48 AM

Hey Plex folks,

The CA Plex r7.2  Agile collaboration registration is now open. (I am doing a little celebratory dance at my desk).

Hat-tip to Deanna Tilton (Engineering Project Manager - Customer Validation Management) for setting up the registration site.

NOTE: Features and dates are subject to change and withdrawal.

We plan to start work on CA Plex r7.2 in the next couple of weeks.

Any Plex customer on active maintenance can register to take part in the agile collaboration program, register here:
    http://supportconnectw.ca.com/cso/closed-betas/plex72/plex72validation.asp

"But Simon, what IS an agile collaboration program?", you may ask.

The CA Plex r7.2 pre-release agile collaboration program is an invaluable mechanism for CA Plex Product Management, scrum team and customers to ensure we are building the right thing and building it right.

NOTE: We do not plan to have a Beta for CA Plex r7.2…so THIS is the opportunity to validate and collaborate.

Every 2-4 weeks (TBA) the CA Plex r7.2 Scrum Team will provide registered and accepted customers with a demo/review of CA Plex r7.2 stories completed in the latest sprint.

These features will be, quite literally, hot-off-the-press. You’ll be the first audience to see the new set of functionality.

You’ll have a chance to collaborate with the folks who designed/implemented/tested/documented the stories.

We’ll actually make the code available for download, for your hands-on validation of the new functionality. NOTE: Code is not supported for production use.

You’ll have opportunities to discuss what you like, what you don’t like and what you want to see next. Should we stop, abandon, pivot, continue?

You can literally play a role in influencnig and shaping the r7.2 release of Plex.

Any Plex customer on active maintenance can register to take part in the agile collaboration program, register here:
    http://supportconnectw.ca.com/cso/closed-betas/plex72/plex72validation.asp

Cheers,

Simon

Simon Cockayne

Sr Principal Product Manager. Product Owner: CA Plex / CA 2E.
    https://twitter.com/simoncockayne
    CA Technologies | 2291 Wood Oak Dr. | Herndon, VA 20171-2823
    Office: +1 703 708 3042 

• 2.  RE: CA Plex r7.2: Agile collaboration registration is now open

Posted May 22, 2014 03:14 AM

For people to begin to think about particapting I guess they would like to know what they would be particapating in?

Can you please elaborate on:

WS deployment - Layer 7 integration: how is this going to be achieved with plex rpg objects
    CA Application Constructor integration: how is this going to be achieved with plex rpg objects
    CA Application Workbench integration: how is this going to be achieved with plex rpg objects
    MS Visual Studio – Technical currency: I admit Technical currency is not a term I am familiar with
    SQL Support on IBM i: Actual SQL access of data instead of native access?
    Plex model APIs (QA Automation): Why just QA Automation, kinda feels because your internal teams stratedgy is auto testing which dont get me wrong is a great thing but you need new mode api to achieve this...fair play but could you create these on your own time as it were....there are many model api ideas on the idea wall which pre date the Auto test.ing stratedgy

• 3.  RE: CA Plex r7.2: Agile collaboration registration is now open

Posted May 23, 2014 04:14 PM

Hey George,

Frankly, the elaboration and the way this functionality will grow and will be shaped by the collaboration between Plex scrum team and the customers who join the program. :-)

For now though, let me try to give you a current answer to your questions...

Features and dates are subject to change and/or withdrawal.

Q: WS deployment - Layer 7 integration: how is this going to be achieved with plex rpg objects
    A: The Layer 7 integration will initially focus on getting Plex deployed SOAP WS published into a Layer 7 Gateway. Perhaps you have RPG objects behind your Plex SOAP WS, perhaps not? 

Q: CA Application Constructor integration: how is this going to be achieved with plex rpg objects
    A: The CA Application Constructor will use servicespublished to the Layer 7 Gateway as buidling blocks for a mobile app. Perhaps you have RPG objects behind your Plex SOAP WS, perhaps not? 

Q: CA Application Workbench integration: how is this going to be achieved with plex rpg objects
    A: I think it is too early in the process for me to comment on how CA Application Workbench integration would play with RPG objects. Think about your flow. Your buildling, say, RPG objects. What are you going to do with them as they move through the DevOps flow? What different tools might interact with them?

Q: MS Visual Studio – Technical currency: I admit Technical currency is not a term I am familiar with
    A: "Technical currency" > Get current, technically :-) See this Idea 
    Q: SQL Support on IBM i: Actual SQL access of data instead of native access?
    A: I think it remains to be seen what we do here. Check out these two ideas: DB2 on IBM i DDL Support & EXEC SQL Support for IBM i

Q: Plex model APIs (QA Automation): Why just QA Automation, kinda feels because your internal teams stratedgy is auto testing which dont get me wrong is a great thing but you need new mode api to achieve this...fair play but could you create these on your own time as it were....there are many model api ideas on the idea wall which pre date the Auto test.ing stratedgy
    A: Great question, George. First, it might not "just" be QA Automation. I said "QA Automation" because that's a high priority for the team. Hopefully, if we get off the bike and fix the puncture, we can go even faster. Make sense? 

George, I'd love to chat with you on the phone or skype, if you wish. Drop me an email to let me know if/how/when.

Oh...and please do register for the CA Plex r7.2 agile collaboration program. George, you are a tremendously valuable voice in our journey and our community.

Cheers,

Simon

• 4.  Re: CA Plex r7.2: Agile collaboration registration is now open

Posted Jul 11, 2014 12:51 PM

Hi folks,

Crikey!

We've already got 10 companies signed up for the Plex r7.2 agile collaboration program (see further up the thread for details of how to join).

Sprint 1 starts next week on Monday July 14th.

P.s. As part of our continuing maturity on our agile journey, we are now doing 2-week sprints...so you should hopefully see the first slice of value on July 25th!

Cheers,

Simon

Simon Cockayne

Sr Principal Product Manager. Product Owner: CA Plex / CA 2E.
    https://twitter.com/simoncockayne
    CA Technologies | 2291 Wood Oak Dr. | Herndon, VA 20171-2823
    Office: +1 703 708 3042