DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Secondary Alarm Console

Posted Jun 26, 2019 11:44 AM
    Hi all,

I've been receiving the warning that we have too many subscribers (threshold of 65) attached to a couple of our Hubs.

I have already implemented a "middle tier" hub which sits inbetween our customer hubs and our primary, this middle tier hub concentrates all the customer queues down to one, which then streams down to our primary hub.

This has worked well so far, but as we gain more customers, the queues are increasing.

I'm thinking about creating another Hub, which my Infrastructure Manager users can log into and administrate the alerts, del, assign etc.

By creating another Hub for the users to log into, this would off load all those subscribers to the new Hub, but, I'm struggling to get the alarms replicated to the new Hub in my test lab.

I've tried the forwarding and replication in the primary NAS, this replicates the alarm but I'm unable to accept, del and assign etc, despite enabling this in the forwarding and replication settings.

I've also tried a repost rule in my primary NAS, which reposts all alerts to another queue, which is then picked up by the "users" hub.  But the alerts are not appearing in the Alarm Console of the "Users" Hub.

Has anybody got any suggestions on the best way to set this up?

We run a Linux environment so the threshold isn't 65, it's actually about 100 subs before the Hub starts to error.  I'm just trying to future proof the environment.

Regards,
    Sam

• 2.  RE: Secondary Alarm Console
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2019 03:58 PM
    Regarding hub connections, please send output of next command that will help to count the amount of subscribers:

..\nimsoft\bin\pu -u [USER] -p [PASSWORD] /[DOMAIN]/[HUB_NAME]/[HUB_MACHINE]/hub list_subscribers

Please see this old thread that can help you: 

Multiple nas 

https://community.broadcom.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=786815#bm59d9417a-b1e2-48d3-9985-a60658d8c7fb

This KB has an extra info that you may have doubt later after set secondary NAS 

How to enable remote/secondary NAS probes to access the maintenance_mode probe on the primary hub? 
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=34614

What is your current UIM Version controller and hub versions? 

------------------------------
    Senior Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------