CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Knowledge Comments - Default to KD Owner

Posted Nov 19, 2015 10:52 AM

Hi Community,

I was wondering if it's possible to set Knowledge Comments to default to the category owner?  It seems counter intuitive to have all End User comments sent to the Unassigned scoreboard node.  This also seems like a better solution than the Assignee box that appears under the Analyst interface.  We are implementing knowledge management now and won't have a dedicated Knowledge Manager, but a few people in each group that would be in charge of comments.  Since we have 1000+ Analysts having everyone use the Unassigned scoreboard node won't work.

• 2.  Re: Knowledge Comments - Default to KD Owner

Posted Nov 20, 2015 03:06 PM

You can configure the Activity "User Comment" to send notification to the Category Owner. There may already be a Default User Comment Notification rule, if so you can just add the Category Owner under the Object Contact, otherwise you will have to create one. In our 12.9 environment we have this configured to send all KD comments to our Knowledge Manager.

• 3.  Re: Knowledge Comments - Default to KD Owner

Posted Nov 20, 2015 03:39 PM

Thanks for the tip, this solution might work.  I'm testing it now and notice that the web_url generated by the default message template takes analysts to the KD instead of the KD comment.  Do you know if it's possible to generate a URL for the KD comment?

• 4.  Re: Knowledge Comments - Default to KD Owner

Posted Nov 20, 2015 09:00 PM

I don't believe you can generate a url that will take you directly to the comment; however if you include @{COMMENT_TEXT} in the notification you can include the comment left by the user as part of the notification.