Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Siteminder advanced password services

Posted Mar 12, 2016 02:54 PM

Hello,

We are planning to use the advanced password services. We are using the sitemidner 12.52 sp1 policy server and the secure proxy server.

After renaming the library file and restart the policy server we enabled the APS on policy server,

Now coming to the client side SPS r12 SP3, Do smportal.cfg will be supplied with the SmPortal/SmTransact tunnel kit.

How to configure the SmPortal for the change password services using APS.

I understand for,

Web Server – Change Password Interface

r12.5 and 12.51

The web agent installer installs the Change Password Interface client component. You do not have to use the APS installation kit to install it.

But not sure what is the procedure for configuring this interface for SPS.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Siteminder advanced password services

Posted Mar 14, 2016 06:46 AM

Hi,

Have a look at this :

https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231163891

If you have any further question please let me know.

• 3.  Re: Siteminder advanced password services

Posted Mar 14, 2016 01:31 PM

SmPortal - The Client Side

The SmPortal module consist of these files:

• The SmAgentAPI library (SmAgentAPI.dll or SmAgentAPI40.dll on Windows NT, libsmagentapi.so or libsmagentapi40.so on Solaris) is installed on the Policy Server and must be copied to the Web Server.
    • The SmPortal library (SmPortal.dll on Windows NT or libsmportal.so on Solaris) is supplied with the SmPortal/SmTransact tunnel kit.
    • SmPortal.cfg is supplied with the SmPortal/SmTransact tunnel kit.

I found the libsmagentapi.so on the policy server,

For the other two SmPortal library and the SmPortal.cfg will be supplied from the SmPortal/SmTransact tunnel kit.

Can you please give an over view of this SmPortal/SmTransact tunnel kit installation.

I also went through the document for the Install and Configure SmPortal and SmTransact

I might be missing with some navigation there.

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Siteminder advanced password services

Posted Mar 16, 2016 09:27 PM

Hi Krishna,

Sorry I didn't get your question correctly at first.

The client component of APS (smportal etc) are shipped only with standard web agents since r12.5 onwards.

They are not available for SPS (secure proxy server).

So I suggest that you configure the APS client components on some standard web agents which already bundles this.

Regards,

Ujwol Shrestha

• 5.  Re: Siteminder advanced password services
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 18, 2016 12:17 PM

12.52 SP1 does say that APS supports CA Access Gateway (formally Secure Proxy Server): Preparation & Prerequisites - CA Single Sign-On - 12.52 SP1 - CA Technologies Documentation

APS documentation doesnt cover the installation and configuration part of APS on CA Access Gateway. I will research more on this and update you.