Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  U00021163 The Calendar has not yet been (re)calculated !

Posted Dec 04, 2019 09:43 AM
    I am unsure how the calendar calculation works, but we have run into an issue.

We make all changes to the calendar object and once saved/calculated in the one client, we then deploy this calendar object to all other clients.  I was alerted today that there were some processes that failed to run.  Some were events and others were workflows in a schedule that faulted with the error "U00021163 The Calendar has not yet been (re)calculated !"

We deploy our updated calendars at an odd time to avoid any issues during the actual loading process, but I didn't realize and it appears that the calendar has to recalculate once it is deployed to each client.  

The transport case finished loading at 6:34am, but these errors were showing up between 6:34am until 6:42am for the events and I believe two workflows that were scheduled at 6:40am.

This really causes problems if we can't find a window of time to deploy these calendar updates.  It's also odd that the calendar object after calculation in one client would need to be recalculated once deployed to another client.

Has anyone else notice these issues or figured out a solution?  We are on v12.0.9.

• 2.  RE: U00021163 The Calendar has not yet been (re)calculated !

Posted Dec 05, 2019 08:35 AM
    Edited by Frank Muffke Dec 05, 2019 08:36 AM
    Hi,

we have not exactly the same issue but similar. Our Cale Objects get not recalculated after every ( ! ) Upgrade. Sounds funny but its a fact :-)
    (we observed it from V9 to 11.2.3 to 11.2.9 to 11.2.10 to 12.3).

Workaround: run an SQL that shows all affected CALE objects with keywords.
    open these and save them. This triggers recalculation of the CALE object.

In general CALE objects get recalculated
    * on new years day (01.01. 00:00)
    * when the object is saved

cheers Wolfgang

PS if you want the SQL pls let me know

------------------------------
    Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.

• 3.  RE: U00021163 The Calendar has not yet been (re)calculated !

Posted Dec 05, 2019 11:25 AM
    I have not seen that before and I have only seen our issue once before or I have not been notified something didn't run. 

When I last encountered it, I thought it was caused by the calendar being loaded at that exact moment when something tried to execute.  That was probably a couple of years ago.  I then modified it to load at 6:32am to avoid normal scheduled times.  This is the only other time I was notified that something didn't run so I have no idea if other processes have been impacted prior to this.

I'm just trying to figure out if it does recalculate once it is loaded into a different client.  I would have assumed that once it was calculated that after copying it would also have all of the calculations copied too.

• 4.  RE: U00021163 The Calendar has not yet been (re)calculated !

Posted Dec 05, 2019 02:00 PM
    I always thought having to recalculate upon transport/import to a different client made sense because you could have a calendar event that depends upon a calendar event that lives in a separate calendar object, and that separate calendar object could be set up differently from one client to another.

Pete

• 5.  RE: U00021163 The Calendar has not yet been (re)calculated !
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 06, 2019 07:51 AM
    We usually open the CALE object to check if any Keywords are italic (not recalculated) just to be on safe side after transport/import.

The really &$%§§%&  thing is that there is no notification possible easily because the object fail with Status 1820

cheers, Wolfgang.

Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.

• 6.  RE: U00021163 The Calendar has not yet been (re)calculated !

Posted Dec 06, 2019 09:34 AM
    That makes sense.  We only use one calendar object so it didn't cross my mind.

• 7.  RE: U00021163 The Calendar has not yet been (re)calculated !

Posted Dec 06, 2019 03:35 AM

A few years ago I created the following idea "New script function for calendar calculation".

Please feel free to vote for it :-)

Kind regards,
    Tim

Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.