Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Workflow's job member automatic activated problem?

Posted Oct 01, 2018 12:07 AM

Hello,

I have encountered the 2 issues of the job members of workflow is not activated automatically.

For example, I have the flow like this: Start --> job1 --> job2 --> job3 --> End.

I assume that the job1 is failed, the rest of workflow changed to Red color. I manually restart the job1, it runs successfully but job2 is not started automatically in its turn, and I need to manually restart job2 as well job3. How can we solve this problem? My aim is to only restart the job1, and the rest of job in the workflow is started automatically when their turn come.

The second issue, when all the job completed, the but End object still in red color, not grey like successful jobs. Could we change the status or how to make it updates its status automatically.

• 2.  Re: Workflow's job member automatic activated problem?

Posted Oct 01, 2018 04:02 AM

Hi,

please use the Condition settings or dependencies to adjust how the workflow should handle issues on the job.
    For example if you want that a problem is solved before the 2nd jobs starts you should use block and a notification object. After restarting the job and it ends without error the workflow will continue automatically with job2 and so on.

Hope this help,

Franz 

• 3.  Re: Workflow's job member automatic activated problem?

Posted Oct 01, 2018 06:33 AM

Hi zalfr01,

i have set the dependency for the job1. But when the issue occurs on job1, whole workflow will be failed/cancel manually, and this makes the whole workflow becomes red.

When I restart the job1 successfully, the rest is not automatically.

Does "workflow cancel manually" cause this problem?

• 4.  Re: Workflow's job member automatic activated problem?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 03, 2018 03:09 AM

Hi,

Looking at the issue i am pretty sure this is got something to do with how the dependencies are set and how the workflow is configured.

Please check the dependency tab in the Task Properties of JOB2,JOB3 & END also check the post processing tab in the task processing to see if there are any conditions to cancell the workflows incase of one single job failures as such.

Try running the workflow with just the Block condition on the dependency tab and see if this fixes the issue ?

Regards,

G.

• 5.  Re: Workflow's job member automatic activated problem?

Posted Oct 03, 2018 05:02 AM

Hello,

We have the task to cancel all workflow, now I deactivate it. Let's see for some time.

• 6.  Re: Workflow's job member automatic activated problem?

Posted Oct 04, 2018 02:28 AM

Sounds Good (y) 

• 7.  Re: Workflow's job member automatic activated problem?

Posted Oct 10, 2018 03:18 AM

Hello,

No issue reported until now  I can think the solution "stop all cancel tasks" works