Layer 7 Identity Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How to send reminder emails in approval workflows 14.2

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  How to send reminder emails in approval workflows 14.2

Posted 28 days ago
    Hi All,

We are using ca identity suite 14.2 in our environment. We have a requirement to send reminder emails to approvers in case the requests are not actioned by the approver within a set amount of time and to auto reject them in case still not actioned.

I think the above requirement cannot be met from out of box for workflow approvals and might need customization using Workpoint Designer. Please confirm if my understanding is correct and guide me with some steps to achieve this requirement.

Thanks,
    Jeevan

• 2.  RE: How to send reminder emails in approval workflows 14.2
    Best Answer

Posted 28 days ago
    Jeevan,
      You are correct, Standard out of the box workflow does not have a resend function or a remind. it is simplistic to give users a starting point that they can later edit to their specific business needs.

By Simplistic we mean it will find a user or groups of users to send a notification to, and that is it.

Bill Patton

• 3.  RE: How to send reminder emails in approval workflows 14.2

Posted 28 days ago
    Bill is correct in that we don't have a resend function. We do have an Escalation workflow out of the box, and you could leverage this to send the "escalation" to the same approver. In fact, you could use a policy-based workflow in conjunction with a counter to send multiple escalations. The trick would be an auto reject, in which case, I believe you'd have to use Workpoint Designer to create the conditions you're looking for.  Let the community know which way works best for you.

Good luck!

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Jeremy
    ------------------------------