Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Migrate API's between different gateway versions

Posted Oct 13, 2016 02:02 PM

I am looking to migrating policies/services from 8.3 to 9.1. Is it supported using GMU/RestMan? What is the recommended approach

Regards,

Satya

• 2.  Re: Migrate API's between different gateway versions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2016 02:40 PM

Hi Satya,

This would not be supported.  You should not be attempting to migrate policies between different gateway versions

for various reasons such as the following to name a few:

-Assertions could be modified between versions and behave differently

-Assertions might be deprecated in later versions

The proper method would be to upgrade your 8.3 gateway to 9.1 and then proceed to use GMU

to migrate the desired policies over.

Hope that helps.

Daren

• 3.  Re: Migrate API's between different gateway versions

Posted Oct 14, 2016 03:14 AM

Thanks for the reply Daren

We are in the process of upgrading our environments starting from DEV->STAGE->QA->PREPROD & PROD. But this process is going to take a month or even more in getting necessary approvals (upgrading one environment at a time). So, During this period we are blocked for any API promotions to higher environments from DEV.

How is this scenario usually managed by other Consumers of Gateway?

Regards,

Satya Ganesh

• 4.  Re: Migrate API's between different gateway versions

Posted Nov 08, 2016 09:56 AM

I agree, 

I just tested,  moving policy from 8.3 to 9.0 using GMU 1.2 and I got this error 

"Execution failed. Reason: Internal Server Error. Detail: Service Not Found. The request may have been sent to an invalid URL, or intended for an unsupported operation."

this error usually comes when using new version of GMU on older Gateway version. 

each gateway version comes with  its own version of GMU so you will run into issues like this.

NOTE: GMU 1.2 is installed on Gateway 9.0 and it works fine between two different clusters running 9.0 version. 

• 5.  Re: Migrate API's between different gateway versions
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 08, 2016 05:44 PM

Hi Kemal, looks like restman is not published on one of the gateways, publish the restman first then try again.