Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Clarity and Jira Integration

Posted Jul 13, 2016 10:02 AM

Hello All,

We are looking into integrating Clarity with Jira.

We are on 14.3 and hosted and Jira is in house application so we have limitation of outside application coming in and getting the data. I went through communities in CA and LinkedIn and found below mentioned options. I see few are paid services which we would consider as last option and a few might be for on premise customers.

If any On Demand customers created the integration by themselves if so could you please share your experience?

Thanks,

Approach 1 – Jira places the file on the Clarity SFTP server and  loads it

Jira places the file with the required data on Clarity Server in a particular format and using the gel Script the file is loaded.

Approach 2 – API

Jira invokes the Clarity webservices/API

Approach 3 – API

CA Global Delivery has a JIRA connector which uses restful web services to retrieve data from JIRA and import it to Clarity using XOG.

Approach 4 – Jira DB access

Create a JIRA database view on their database that exposes the 'tasks'.  From CSA, create a new DataSource (JIRADB).Use GEL to read from JIRADB, format into XOG format and load to Clarity.

• 2.  Re: Clarity and Jira Integration

Posted Jul 25, 2016 10:17 AM

Hi Manjusha,

Please see my comments below.

Approach 1 – Jira places the file on the Clarity SFTP server and  loads it

Jira places the file with the required data on Clarity Server in a particular format and using the gel Script the file is loaded.

Jagadeesh - we are using Clarity application via On Demand(hosting by Ca). For some of our basic level of integration we are using this method.

Approach 2 – API

Jira invokes the Clarity webservices/API

Jagadeesh - Not sure about this option.

Approach 3 – API

CA Global Delivery has a JIRA connector which uses restful web services to retrieve data from JIRA and import it to Clarity using XOG.

Jagadeesh - As I have not used REST API's yet i'm not sure but as Ca introduced REST API's - you might need to think about this option by connecting Ca to learn more about this.

Approach 4 – Jira DB access

Create a JIRA database view on their database that exposes the 'tasks'.  From CSA, create a new DataSource (JIRADB).Use GEL to read from JIRADB, format into XOG format and load to Clarity.

Jagadeesh -  As your Clarity application is hosting outside - I suspect the hosting vendor will allow you to do this kind of integration. This could be direct integration and hence this may lead to little performance issues to the other system DB. Though it's READ ONLY access.

• 3.  Re: Clarity and Jira Integration

Posted Jul 29, 2016 09:52 AM

• 4.  Re: Clarity and Jira Integration

Posted Jul 29, 2016 11:55 AM

We are the creators of the integration in the youtube link in a previous comment.

We utilize the SOAP interface for Jira 6 and their REST interface for Jira 7.

We utilize staging tables and XOG on the Clarity side.

Here is a high level diagram on how our solution works.

Thank you!

Josh Leone - josh.leone@regoconsulting.com

CTO - Rego Consulting.

clarity_to_jira.png

• 5.  Re: Clarity and Jira Integration

Posted Aug 13, 2018 12:39 AM

HI Josh

That was Nice work.

I have been working in clarity for more than 5 years and I had an experience of integration mostly in taking the file of external system(say in my case PeopleSoft) and get that file data into clarity from sftp using GEL.

If you can let me know what are all the references/materials help me to better integrate it without any performance issue. that would really help me. mainly I focusing on integrating Jira and Clarity at my first step. 

Please let me know if you need any details.

thanks

Daya

• 6.  Re: Clarity and Jira Integration

Posted Aug 07, 2018 04:31 AM

If you are open to explore paid, out-of-the-box integration solutions, you can checkout OpsHub Integration Manager. OpsHub Integration Manager integrates CA PPM and JIRA bi-directionally. After a successful integration between both the systems, all ‘tasks’ from CA PPM synchronize to #jira as ‘features’. The features are further broken down as ‘user stories’. Along with the user stories, the estimated effort hours and other details populated by the development team in JIRA also synchronizes to #cappm. This gives product management team a real-time visibility into the development work and therefore, they can plan the iterations better.

You can download the free datasheet provided here for details: https://www.opshub.com/ca-ppm-integration/ca-project-portfolio-management-ppm-jira-integration/