DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum Contact Status and Maintenance Mode

Posted Jun 27, 2019 07:28 AM
    Hi
    Can someone explain what happens to the Contact Status attribute in Spectrum when a device is in Maintenance Mode?

I had hoped to use this attribute to find devices in Maintenance Mode that are currently contactable ... however I have found some devices in Maintenance with Contact Status equal to Established which are not contactable.

Is it the case that the device model retains the Contact Status that existed when it was put in Maintenance? Or should it show the up to date Contact Status?

Is there someway, an action perhaps, to have devices in Maintenance re-evaluate their Contact Status?

Regards, John

• 2.  RE: Spectrum Contact Status and Maintenance Mode
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 27, 2019 11:22 AM
    Hi John,

Whenever the device is in maintenance mode the SNMP polling will be stopped , but you can ping and device contact status

• 3.  RE: Spectrum Contact Status and Maintenance Mode

Posted Jun 27, 2019 11:47 AM
    Edited by Rajashekar Allala Jun 27, 2019 01:43 PM
    Hi John,

Is it the case that the device model retains the Contact Status that existed when it was put in Maintenance? Or should it show the up to date Contact Status?
    Yes, contact_status attribute retains the status when it was put in maintenance mode and it will not update to know the current status as long as it is in maintenance mode.

------------------------------
    Thank you.
    Rajashekar

• 4.  RE: Spectrum Contact Status and Maintenance Mode

Posted Jul 02, 2019 11:47 AM
    Hi Rajashekar
    Thanks for that confirmation.

Do you know of an answer to the 2nd part of my question ... "Is there someway, an action perhaps, to have devices in Maintenance re-evaluate their Contact Status?" 

Regards, John

• 5.  RE: Spectrum Contact Status and Maintenance Mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2019 10:00 AM
    Hi John

Are you looking for Hibernation Mode? 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-3-0/en/managing-client-applications/using-oneclick/maintenance-and-hibernation-mode-for-devices

In Hibernation, the device starts in Maintenance but Spectrum will continue to poll periodically. If the device responds, Spectrum takes it out of Maintenance. The difference is Maintenance mode is a manual enable/disable only.

Senior Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Spectrum Contact Status and Maintenance Mode

Posted Jul 10, 2019 09:10 AM
    Thanks Jason
    I had started to come to the conclusion that Hibernation mode was my only option. It doesn't give me exactly what I wanted, a list of contactable devices that are in maintenance, but I will be able to use it.

Regards, John

• 7.  RE: Spectrum Contact Status and Maintenance Mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2019 10:00 AM
    Hi John

Are you looking for Hibernation mode? in this mode, Spectrum will continue to poll the device periodically. If it responds, Spectrum will take it out of Maintenance automatically. 

Maintenance and Hibernation Mode for Devices - CA Spectrum - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation

Senior Support Engineer
    Broadcom