Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Parameterized Lookup - Project internal ID isn't passed into the parameter.

Posted Apr 20, 2010 05:26 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi,  I'm wondering if anyone have same issue as project internal ID is not passed into the parameter on the parameterized lookup  and have a resolution for it.  We are currently using CA Clarity 8.1.4 .Here  are  what  I  did:1.  Created  Project  Deliverables  sub-object  under  Project  object2.  Created  Project  Deliverable  parameterized  lookup,  the  query  used  isSELECT
         @SELECT:PD.ID:ID@
     ,  @SELECT:PD.IMMI_ATT_PRJ_DEL:Deliverable@
    FROM
     ODF_CA_IMMI_SUB_OBJ_PRJ_DEL  PD
    WHERE      @FILTER@
               AND  PD.ODF_PARENT_ID  =  @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:PROJECT_ID@3.  Created  Associated  Deliverable  lookup  attribute  on  the  Issue  object  and
    mapped  the  Project_ID  parameter  to  the  PK_ID  attribute  (which  contains  the
    internal  proj  ID, the 50000000 ID number)  on  the  Issue  object.

4.  Added  the  Associated  Deliverable  lookup  field  onto  the  Issue  Properties
    page.

5.  Created  Project  Deliverable  instances  for  TEST  PROJECT  -  1  project  on  the
    Project  Deliverables  sub-object.

6.  Opened  Issue  Properties  page  from  the  TEST  PROJECT  -  1  project.  Then  click
    on  the  binoculars  of  the  Associated  Deliverable  field  to  open  the  Project
    Deliverable  lookup....The  lookup  dialog  opened  but  shown  nothing  (it  supposes
    to  show  the  list  of  deliverables  of  TEST  PROJECT  -  1  project)

Why  doesn't  it  work???  Similar  parameterised  lookup  created  for  the  Idea
    object  and  it  works  fine.

Please  also  refer  to  attached  sreenshots,  hope  that  they  are  helpful.  Thanks,Andy      

• 2.  Re: Parameterized Lookup - Project internal ID isn't passed into the param

Posted Apr 21, 2010 04:14 PM
    Hi All,

Any feedback for Andy?  If not you may want to log an issue with Support.

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  Re: Parameterized Lookup - Project internal ID isn't passed into the parameter.

Posted Aug 12, 2014 02:44 AM

Hi Andy,

I wanted to let you know I am also experiencing the same experience with a Parameter and attempting to tie the Parameter to the Investment ID to limit the lookup results.  The connection does not work.  It appears that the programmers may have forgotten to add that code to the system.

Your screen shot with the Project_ID and Object Attribute ID is almost identical to what I've tried with my system.

You found a feature.

Looks like we both have the same issue.

• 4.  Re: Parameterized Lookup - Project internal ID isn't passed into the parameter.

Posted Aug 12, 2014 10:41 AM

Can you try this -

SELECT

,  @SELECT:PD.IMMI_ATT_PRJ_DEL:Deliverable@

FROM

ODF_CA_IMMI_SUB_OBJ_PRJ_DEL  PD

WHERE      @FILTER@

AND  PD.ODF_PARENT_ID  =  ((@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:PROJECT_ID@) OR (@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:PROJECT_ID@ IS NULL))

NJ

• 5.  Re: Parameterized Lookup - Project internal ID isn't passed into the parameter.

Posted Aug 12, 2014 04:53 AM

Hi Andy and Lowell,

I tried the same steps in our Clarity (v13.3). As you guys said, the parameterized lookup BROWSE attribute is showing no values from the Issue Properties page. But when I changed the Display Type from Browse to Pull-Down, the same parameterized lookup is now showing values!!!  Confused

Not Working.png

--------

Working.png

Regards,

Georgy

• 6.  Re: Parameterized Lookup - Project internal ID isn't passed into the parameter.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 12, 2014 11:00 AM

Hello Georgy,

What is the version of Clarity you are using ?

And does the NSQL contain @BROWSE-ONLY@ ? If so, you may be hitting a known issue

CLRT-70062 - Parameterized Lookup defined with @BROWSE-ONLY@ clause works for pull-down but not for browse field configuration on the properties page

This issue has been fixed in Clarity v13.3

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ruchika

• 7.  Re: Parameterized Lookup - Project internal ID isn't passed into the parameter.

Posted Aug 12, 2014 11:48 PM

Hi Ruchika,

I am already on v13.3 and I am not using any @BROWSE-ONLY@ in my NSQL. Here is the exact NSQL for you:-

SELECT

@SELECT:SO.ID:ID@,

@SELECT:SO.Name:Name@

FROM

odf_ca_x_test_subobject SO

WHERE @FILTER@

AND  SO.ODF_PARENT_ID  =  @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:PROJECT_ID@

Regards,

Georgy

• 8.  Re: Parameterized Lookup - Project internal ID isn't passed into the parameter.

Posted Aug 12, 2014 11:33 AM

Can you try this -

SELECT

,  @SELECT:PD.IMMI_ATT_PRJ_DEL:Deliverable@

FROM

ODF_CA_IMMI_SUB_OBJ_PRJ_DEL  PD

WHERE      @FILTER@

AND  PD.ODF_PARENT_ID  =  ((@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:PROJECT_ID@) OR (@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:PROJECT_ID@ IS NULL))

NJ

• 9.  Re: Parameterized Lookup - Project internal ID isn't passed into the parameter.

Posted Aug 13, 2014 02:41 AM

Hi NJ,

Wow! That IS NULL check did the trick   Now I can see the values populate both in Pull-Down and in Browse lookup formats.

Got syntax error when I first used your query above. I have slightly modified your query (the grouping done by the parentheses) and I am sure you also meant this same logic in your suggestion. Thanks a lot.

SELECT

@SELECT:SO.ID:ID@,

@SELECT:SO.Name:Name@

FROM

odf_ca_x_test_subobject SO

WHERE @FILTER@

AND 

(

(SO.ODF_PARENT_ID  =  @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:PROJECT_ID@)

OR

(@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:PROJECT_ID@ IS NULL)

)

Regards,

Georgy

• 10.  Re: Parameterized Lookup - Project internal ID isn't passed into the parameter.

Posted Aug 12, 2014 04:42 PM

Hi Andy,

SUCCESS!

I finally got my Parameterized lookup to work.  Here is the query I used, with the "@BROWSE-ONLY" tag surrounding a Where condition.  The link works properly and filters on the ID of the Parent object.  I am on Clarity v 13.3@

Hope this helps.

SELECT @SELECT:OCP.ID:POR_ID@,
    @SELECT:OCP.ODF_PARENT_ID:ODF_PARENT_ID@,
    @SELECT:I.NAME:INVESTMENT_NAME@,
    @SELECT:I.CODE:CODE@,
    @SELECT:I.ID:INVESTMENT_ID@,
    @SELECT:OCP.TRG_REL_NAME:TRG_REL_NAME@,
    @SELECT:OCP.TRG_REL_DESC:TRG_REL_DESC@

FROM ODF_CA_TRG_PLAN_OF_RECORD OCP
    INNER JOIN INV_INVESTMENTS I on OCP.ODF_PARENT_ID = I.ID
    WHERE @FILTER@
    AND I.IS_ACTIVE = 1