CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Transition Condition on Change Order Work Flow

Posted May 25, 2020 06:35 PM
    Hi team!

I need to add a condition transition in the change order workflow. I use the default condition "exceed the end date", but when the analyst completes the workflow task, the condition doesn't work.

For example, the default macro condition is: 

Return TRUE if Actual Completion Date exceeds Est. Completion Date

if (is_null(est_completion_date) || is_null(completion_date)) {
    logf(ERROR, " null date");
    set_return_data(FALSE);
    return;
    }

if (completion_date > est_completion_date) {
    set_return_data(TRUE);
    } else {
    set_return_data(FALSE);
    }
    And the analyst can complete the workflow task when the completion_date exceeds the est_completion_date

The version is 17.2.

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Transition Condition on Change Order Work Flow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 27, 2020 06:04 AM
    Hi Wicner,

The condition looks correct to me and should evaluate to true. Does the analyst first set and save the completion date before trying to update the status to Complete?

------------------------------
    Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 3.  RE: Transition Condition on Change Order Work Flow

Posted May 28, 2020 01:43 PM
    Hi Brian; yes, for example the change manager assigns the Estimated End Date and saves the workflow task, then the analyst executes the task and completes the workflow task, but in this case the completion time Exceeds estimated end date and condition does not work

Regards
    Wicner

• 4.  RE: Transition Condition on Change Order Work Flow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2020 03:41 AM
    Edited by Brian Mathato May 29, 2020 03:43 AM
    Hi Wicner,

If I am not mistaken the 'Completion Date' is a read-only field and only gets set when the Analyst put the status of the workflow task to Complete. I believe at this point, the Completion date has not been committed/saved in the database for the condition to evaluate to true. So the issue here is basically a sequence of events and how the workflow tasks feature is designed, in my humble opinion. So you will need some way that does a pre-check on the data at the domsrvr before the data is saved as opposed to post-check (in the database).

Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 5.  RE: Transition Condition on Change Order Work Flow

Posted May 30, 2020 01:13 AM
    Have you tried to add the transition condition to the Pending task instead of Complete?

• 6.  RE: Transition Condition on Change Order Work Flow
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 01, 2020 10:32 PM
    Hi Derek,

I found on the doc and seems to be a defect "DE50631", this issues is reported on the cum 3. 

Thank you!