Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Saving MSP configuration?

Posted Dec 16, 2015 11:21 AM

We recently upgraded from Clarity 13.3 to 14.2.  A user contacted me today saying that when he opens his project in MSP, each and every time he opens he has to re-add the columns he wants to see.  It's no longer saving his preferences for viewing the project.  Is there any way to get it to save his local configuration?

Here's what I mean.  When users open a project, the default on the Gantt Chart is:

Duration     Start      Finish      Predecessors      Resource Names

He wants to see:

Duration      ETC      Start      Finish...etc.

(Much more complicated that just one column, of course, but that's the gist.)  However, every time he opens the project he only gets the original default again.  How do we fix this??

• 2.  Re: Saving MSP configuration?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2016 08:27 PM

Hi Allison,

This is due to a design change with the new driver. Below is a workaround. I added an additional step not mentioned in the below KB that allow the users to make a custom view their default view each time MSP launches. The view would be the same for each project though.

1) In MSP, click on the Views tab

2) Modify the desired view

3) Click on the drop down for the View type you want to save the View to. (Example: Gantt Chart)

4) Select the 'Save View' option

5) Enter a name for the custom view and click OK. This saves the custom view in the global.mpt on the workstation.

6) To access the view the next time you open the project from PPM, select the View drop down (In this case, 'Gantt Chart'), then select the new view you created under 'Custom'.

7) To make this view the default view that is launched when MSP is opened:

a) In MSP go to File->Options->General

b) Select the preferred view from the 'Default view' drop down and click OK

In the new MSP Driver, custom views are not Saved - http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1545414.aspx.

I'll submit an update to have the KB updated with step 7 as well.

Regards,

Kristin

• 3.  Re: Saving MSP configuration?

Posted Jan 15, 2016 02:02 PM

Hi Allison,

If your question has been answered, could you mark the thread Answered?

Thanks!

Connie