Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Resizing apps on dashboards is broken?

Posted May 13, 2020 12:50 PM
    Edited by Greg Monahan May 14, 2020 10:26 AM
    I created a new dashboard and added some apps, and attempted to resize, and all keep their default size.

I have others on previously saved dashboards that have retained their stretched/reduced size, but I'm afraid to adjust them for fear that they'll snap to the new default size. There used to be an "autosize" option in an app's Settings and I don't see that anymore.

*Update* - it seems all apps are not resizable - defaults can't be made bigger or smaller, and ones made smaller/larger than defaults - can't be made larger/smaller. Resizing was/is a big deal - it makes the apps fit in some logical pattern that's not jumbled (like JIRA (shudder)).

------------------------------
    Benefitfocus.com, Inc

• 2.  RE: Resizing apps on dashboards is broken?

Posted May 14, 2020 10:53 AM
    I had the exact same issue last week with resizing apps on a dashboard.  If I turned off the LAB that allows windowed dashboards the resizing works.  I forgot I was going to open a ticket, but never did.  @Greg Monahan @Andrea Schilde​​

Amy Meyers

• 3.  RE: Resizing apps on dashboards is broken?

Posted May 22, 2020 11:42 AM
    Hi,  has anyone at Rally looked into this?  I am experiencing the same thing and it started about 1 1/2 weeks ago.  I did open up a ticket on this - so far, they asked to try it in an Incognito mode in Chrome, which made no difference.  I also opened up another discussion thread as I didn't realize this one was already opened. @Greg Monahan @Andrea Schilde​​​​​​

Tony Soares
    Release Train Engineer
    UnitedHealthcare
    PA

• 4.  RE: Resizing apps on dashboards is broken?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2020 01:33 PM

@Greg Monahan @Amy Meyers@Tony Soares

I am sorry for missing this message earlier. Please open a support case for this issue, so that a defect can be opened and prioritized​.

Thank you!

Best,

Andrea

Product Manager
    Rally Software

• 5.  RE: Resizing apps on dashboards is broken?

Posted May 23, 2020 02:37 AM
    Edited by Tony Soares May 23, 2020 02:44 AM
    The response from Technical Support on my open case, is that they documented this as a defect​ and Product Development will be working to resolve the issue. However, there is a workaround, in the meantime, as follows:
    • Click on your Avatar/Smiley Face.
    • Select My Settings.
    • Select Labs.
    • Un-check Windowed Dashboards.
    • Reload your browser tab.

This resolved my issue, and works as a workaround until Rally Product Development fixes the defect.

Regards,

Tony Soares
    Release Train Engineer
    UnitedHealthcare
    PA

• 6.  RE: Resizing apps on dashboards is broken?

Posted May 26, 2020 10:19 AM
    Thanks for sharing this workaround! I'd noticed this issue last week but hadn't gotten around to digging into it yet.  

Please let us know if the defect is resolved - I do like to use that lab but have turned it off for now as resizing is more important to me.

Terry Ginzburg