Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  SmHost.conf file was not created in default webagent folder

Posted Dec 30, 2016 06:31 AM

Hi All,

I have on board the new application in SSO. After successful installation and configuration i am unable to find the SmHost.conf file in default web agent folder but webagent and localconfig files are created in httpd/conf folder. Below are the application requirements and SSO agent version.

Applicatin Details : Apache 2.2.3,  Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.11 (Tikanga) x86_64 bit

SSO Agent Details : smwa-12.52-cr01-linux-x86-64.zip

Policy Server : 12.52 CR01

While configuring SSO agent i have faced host registration process failed error. May be due to unavailability of SmHost.conf. Prots are opened from App server to Policsy server and environment variables are set properly.

Please let me know why i am facing this error OR any wrong web agent i am installing.

Thanks,

Praveen.

• 2.  Re: SmHost.conf file was not created in default webagent folder
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 30, 2016 07:09 AM

Can you share install/config log files?

• 3.  Re: SmHost.conf file was not created in default webagent folder

Posted Jan 02, 2017 08:22 AM

Hi Praveen,

When you complete the Agent registration the SmHost.conf file should be generated under the webagent/config folder, so actually you do not have SmHost.conf file as you were not able to register correctly with the Policy Server.

Could you share more detail on what happened when you tried to register the Agent? Did it returned any error? Did you use the Configuration Wizard for this, or the smreghost tool?

Also, you may review the pre-requisites are in place at the following location:

Web Agent for Apache - CA Single Sign-On - 12.52 SP1 - CA Technologies Documentation