Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

• 1.  offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Posted Feb 14, 2020 05:05 AM
    Hi

just discovered that the offline Docu got lost :-(

neither in V12.3 Images nor in Download section "Documentation" its available.

@Diane Craddock
    @Tatjana Radic​​
    @David Ainsworth

Is this per intention or an error?

Woudld be highly appreciated if the offline docu (the zipped htmls) would be in the image again!

Purpose: Behind several firewalls with no connection to docs.automic.com  it would be great to install offline docu on the AWI server...

THX a lot
    wolfgang​​

------------------------------
    Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.

• 2.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 18, 2020 04:26 AM
    Hi Wolfgang,

You can find the downloadable documentation under Component Downloads.

Best regards,
    Elina

• 3.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Posted Feb 18, 2020 05:22 AM
    Hi Elina,

just discovered the actual issue:
    * The single component "Documentation" contains only GUIDES 
    * the documentation Folder in the image (12.3.1+HF4) contains MESSAGES folder and Zip...

seems that there is an issue with the Build process ....

so the downloads do contain only the half of the whole documentation ....

kr Wolfgang

Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.

• 4.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Posted Feb 18, 2020 06:15 AM
    Hm, I was under the impression that there is only "Guides" with 12.x, following what they said about replacing all or most of the documentation with "guides".

On docs.automic.com, there is only a "guides" link that then contains the manuals, so I'd wager that terminology is "by design", of sorts.

One additional problem I see is that the component downloader has "Documentation Guides" and also another component called "Docu". This is redundant, maybe someone ought to eliminate the unfortunately named "Docu".

Just my $0.02

• 5.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Posted Feb 18, 2020 06:16 AM
    But yeah, just to be clear, there is ALSO an issue with the build process. The "Documentation - Guides" download of 4 megabytes AND the image BOTH do not contain the guides anymore but only a "messages" folder.

• 6.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2020 10:18 AM
    Hi Carsten,
    When I download it (whether it is the offline doc or the whole Automic Automation product), the Guides are present in the Documentation folder (approx. 57 MB). 
    There may have been a temporary issue, but it is working correctly now.
    Best regards,
    Elina

• 7.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Posted Feb 19, 2020 11:45 AM

Hi Elina​,

sorry, but nope.

Okay, this is very confusing because there's "Component: Automation Engine" and "Sub-Component: Documentation" (and also the aforementioned "Docu") and then there's also "Component: Documentation" and "Sub-Component: Automation Engine". Or, in other words, that menu is utter chaos.

But I downloaded Automation.Engine_Documentation_Guides_12_3_0+build.1560513520511.zip (4.66 MiB) as of today and it only contains a "messages" folder with many sub folders and ultimately a zip file with many java script files, some HTML files with some Automic codes and no further documentation.

Then I downloaded Automation.Engine_Image_12_3_20-01-08-1.zip (765.26 MiB) and that also has a folder "Documentation" that contains nothing but that structure. Specificially that's Automation.Engine_Image_12_3_20-01-08-1.zip\Documentation\Messages\webhelp\english\webmsge.zip.

I can't find the documentation. It's either not there, or we download different things, or I'm blind. Please please tell me it's the later because I really want to have a dog :)

Best,
    Carsten

• 8.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Posted Feb 19, 2020 11:56 AM
    ​If, on the other hand, I download Automic.Automation_12.3.1_2020-02-19.zip, NOT via "component downloads" but via the general downloads tab, i.e. the 2.5GB image instead of the 765 MB image, now THAT image has offline documentation in it.

(So, @Frank Muffke, OP of this thread, that is where you can find the documentation in the mean time).

But the two most recent bundle types on offer when specificially looking for component downloads for Automation Engine -> Documentation do NOT have documentation in them.

Best,

• 9.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2020 03:52 AM
    Hi Carsten,

The component downloads do not contain the full guides, that is correct. When you download just the Automation Engine, it is a component of the product Automic Automation, so it contains the documentation that belongs that component, i.e. the Messages.

The product download, Automic Automation, contains the full guides.

Best regards,
    Elina

• 10.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Posted Feb 20, 2020 05:03 AM
    ​Hi Elina.

I looked through my archive of downloads, and you are insofar correct that the 700 mb image, at least back to 12.0, only ever contained the  "messages" folder and in some (but not all) iterations also the REST documentation.

However, please allow me to summarize my understanding of what this means:

There are component downloads (several in fact) that are specificially designated "Documentation", for AE, which do not in fact contain the documentation for AE, but contain only a lone, single and seemingly arbitarily chosen addendum. This, then, is by design.

I'm not even the original poster of this thread, that'd be @Frank Muffke, a former Automic employee and a bit of a legend. If seemingly he (and also myself) can't make sense of that, I'm afraid my gut feeling for many of the thousands of other clients instinctively grasping this concept is less than stellar.

But all of that is, naturally, my €0.02 :)

Best regards,
    Carsten

• 11.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Posted Feb 20, 2020 06:00 AM
    Hi Elina,

The component downloads do not contain the full guides, that is correct. => Why not?

I played around a bit, Documentation is only available in the 2,5G image.

its not in the image and its not available as component istself  @Elina McCafferty @Legacy User​​ why not - think its a comonent of automic workload automation ?!?

Interestingly there does exist a Docu entry and a Documentation entry and a Documentation Release Notes entry which all include the same entries below.
    (Component Download)
    Does that make any sense?

Furthermore we are almost restricted in our company, so downloading the whole Product suite (2,5G) insted of a component (50MB) creates a lot of unneeded discussions, tickets, complaints, emails, wasted time...

KR
    Wolfgang

Support Info:

• 12.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2020 07:09 AM
    Hi Wolfgang,
    Makes sense. I'll see what we can do about this.
    Best regards,
    Elina

• 13.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Posted Feb 20, 2020 07:54 AM
    Hi Wolfgang,
    Makes sense. I'll see what we can do about this.

Meh. On the plus side, I think I said the same thing, so my input will be looked into too. Yay :)

• 14.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Posted Feb 20, 2020 08:36 AM
    THX!

cheers, Wolfgang

Support Info:

• 15.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2020 05:49 AM
    From 12.3.2 on, the Messages are included in the bundle with the complete product, along with the full documentation.

Best regards,
    Elina

• 16.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Posted Mar 11, 2020 05:54 AM
    Hi Elina,

THX.

And what about the FULL Documentation in component downloads and in the image (via component downloads)?

KR
    Wolfgang

Support Info:

• 17.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2020 06:32 AM
    Hi @Frank Muffke
    just to clarify. Are you asking us to include a 57Mb doc file with each component download eg Windows agent at 8mb?

please explain the requirement

cheers
    David 

Senior Product Line Manager - Automation
    CA Technologies, A Broadcom Company

• 18.  RE: offline Documentation disappeared from Image and Downloadcenter

Posted Mar 11, 2020 07:37 AM
    Hi @David Ainsworth

no, this would be an overkill :-)

I request & expect the Documentation ZIP file containing the AE product docu in:

* Automic Product bundle (folder Automation.Platform\Documentation\)
    * Automic Automation Engine image (folder Documentation)
    * Automic ​Automation "Documentation" component in DLC

cheers & THX
    Wolfgang ​

Support Info: