DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Showing a value in an attribute by counting the number of instances of "hpicfVsfVCMemberAdminPriority" attribute

Posted Sep 22, 2020 04:12 AM
    Hello Dear community,

I need to show the number of the instances of the attribute "hpicfVsfVCMemberAdminPriority" in other attribute ( hh3StackMemberNum) for aruba devices.
    Let me explain for example, if i have in the "hpicfVsfVCMemberAdminPriority" 2 instances as you can see in this screenshot :

I shoud have the number 2 in the attribute (hh3StackMemberNum).

PS:  The value of (hh3StackMemberNum) is empty for the Aruba 2930F VSF VC, but it's not exmpty for other type of devices.
    I need to do this changes without having issues with othe models, if not i can show the number of instances in other attribute.

Do you have any idea how i can do this please  or any documentation ?

Thank you 

Sara

• 2.  RE: Showing a value in an attribute by counting the number of instances of "hpicfVsfVCMemberAdminPriority" attribute
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2020 07:35 AM
    Sara,

Am I correct in assuming the hh3StackMemberNum is from compiling a MIB into MIB Tools and mapping it to the SpectroSERVER database?

If so, then this attribute is populated by the device and most likely not writable by SNMP.

If that is the case , you will need to take this up with the vendor.

Joe

• 3.  RE: Showing a value in an attribute by counting the number of instances of "hpicfVsfVCMemberAdminPriority" attribute

Posted Sep 23, 2020 03:31 AM
    Hello Joe,

Yes you're right, but the issue is that the vendor can't give us an update of the mib till the end of 2021.
    For the moment the attribute hh3StackMemberNum is empty for the aruba devices.
    I'm wondering if there is a workround to do in Spectrum so that we can do some configurations to count the number of instances of the "hpicfVsfVCMemberAdminPriority" attribute then show it in other attribute like the "hh3StackMemberNum" attribute or other one.

Thank you 

Sara

• 4.  RE: Showing a value in an attribute by counting the number of instances of "hpicfVsfVCMemberAdminPriority" attribute

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 23, 2020 07:16 AM
    Sara,

I do not believe you can do this inside of Spectrum itself.

You could write a CLI script to show attributes on the hpicfVsfVCMemberAdminPriority attribute. Have the script count the number of entries returned and then update a custom attribute with the value.

Joe

• 5.  RE: Showing a value in an attribute by counting the number of instances of "hpicfVsfVCMemberAdminPriority" attribute

Posted Sep 24, 2020 09:28 AM
    Ok Joe, Thanks for your help,

Sara