Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Attributes override when explore and correlate two CSV files

Posted Jul 08, 2016 09:56 PM

Hi .

I have a deal with Correlation objects.

I have two CSV files and uploading users from this files. Each CSV is explored and Correlated with a different connector.

First CSV contains accounts with name, last name, middle name and one more attribute called RFCID. Almost all of the accounts has these attributes except some of them which do not have name, last name and middle name.

These attributes must be complemented by the second CSV file.

RFCID attribute is common in two files

Second CSV file contains RFCID corresponding to some accounts in first CSV (not sorted in same order)

I have this RFCID attribute configured in Prov Manager as a Correlation attribute in Domain configuration.

The problem is next:

If i Explore + correlate + create global users + update fields the first CSV, the global users are created without problem.

After that, i explore + correlate + use existing global users +update fields the second CSV, the global user attributes in those accounts do not have name, last name and middle name are updated with corresponding information from second CSV record (correlated by common atribute RFCID) but rest of the attributes explored in first CSV are erased; ej. country and location or email address leaving only those attributes discovered in second CSV.

I dont know what is happening here....Is there someone who can tell me whats wrong?

• 2.  Re: Attributes override when explore and correlate two CSV files

Posted Jul 09, 2016 12:24 PM

I believe that since you selected "update" all the fields you have mapped would be made to match that particular endpoint.

Try explore exploring correlating, creating without updating.

Glenda

• 3.  Re: Attributes override when explore and correlate two CSV files

Posted Jul 10, 2016 12:59 AM

Hi Glenda

Thanks for your answer.

The deal here is First file not contains for some accounts name,lastname and middlename and second file contains these additional fields i need, besides second file not contains more than these attributes. (The only attribute exists in two files is RFCID).

So the matter is attributes explorer in previous E&C action are removed...

• 4.  Re: Attributes override when explore and correlate two CSV files

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2016 03:54 PM

Hi Gaston,

This seems/sounds like something that needs a bit more careful examination. We shall probably take a look at the CSV files you mention etc...

My recommendation to you is to open a support case unless you already did.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 5.  Re: Attributes override when explore and correlate two CSV files

Posted Jul 13, 2016 08:03 PM

Thanks man

In fact a case was opened. Besides to analyze careful CSV file, the matter is fields are overwritten after second file is explored and correlated. Support says this behaviour is correct because was proggrammed like this. So the case is inder analysis...

Thanks for your sugestions...

Best regards