Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Portal - Perform Reassignment User Search screen

Posted Sep 19, 2019 06:18 AM
    Hi Team,
    Identity Portal 14.3 vapp

In the Identity Portal - Approval page, there is a Perform Reassignment button, after check this button
    it will show User Search screen, can we configure this "user search" to filter certain people. 

regards,
    William

• 2.  RE: Identity Portal - Perform Reassignment User Search screen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2019 07:34 AM
    I think this is done at the Identity Manager level, a scoping rule of which users you can delegate to.

• 3.  RE: Identity Portal - Perform Reassignment User Search screen

Posted Sep 19, 2019 11:16 PM
    Hi Lyes, can you point me to which scoping rule in admin role ?

• 4.  RE: Identity Portal - Perform Reassignment User Search screen
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2019 01:07 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Sep 26, 2019 03:39 PM
    Hi William,

In Identity Manager, you cannot Perform Reassignment without modifying the list of approvers/assignees. Otherwise you will get "The list of assignees was not changed, reassignment cannot take place"

Perform Reassignment without changing assignees
    So you need to remove assignee(s) by clicking the "-" icon or click [Add Assignees] to add assignee(s) to change the list. Once the list of assignees changed then [Perform  Reassignment] will be effective.

Now, I think the question is the scope of users you can assign. When you click [Add Assignees] the Default User Search screen will be shown. And the scope of the users are depending on scope rule of the Role(s) of the login user.
    Default User Search screen in Approval tab of Approve Modify User task

Say if login user is 'widjaja' and widjaja has "User Approver" role with the following member rule. 'widjaja' user can search all users which login id contains "user"

Member Rule of User Approver Role

• 5.  RE: Identity Portal - Perform Reassignment User Search screen

Posted Sep 24, 2019 01:53 AM
    Thanks Widjaja, i will try it out.