Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  GC Log file Configuration

Posted Mar 26, 2020 06:23 PM
    Is there a way to change the default logging behavior for the garbage collection?

From Documentation:
    /var/log/ssg_gc.log.*
    : These are the GC logs for garbage collection. They contain useful information for debugging purposes. The logs are maintained and rolled over by the Gateway process (starting with ssg_gc.log.0, up to ssg_gc.log.9). By default, there are 10 log files of 20 MB each, which are used and rolled over as they fill up

I know you can change the ssg*.log files via Log Sink Properties but I have not been able to find a reference to how to control the size and number of ssg_gc.log files.

Thank you in advance.

• 2.  RE: GC Log file Configuration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2020 06:12 PM
    Dear Rick,
    Those are java options, defined in

/opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/runtime/etc/profile.d/appliancedefs.sh

NODE_OPTS="$NODE_OPTS -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=10 -XX:GCLogFileSize=20M -Xloggc:var/logs/ssg_gc.log"

Regards,
    Mark

• 3.  RE: GC Log file Configuration

Posted Mar 30, 2020 04:09 PM
    that's where I was looking as well.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Additionally, do you know if there is a PlatformUpgrade that will take the AdoptOpenJDK up to 1.8.0_241 ?

I have installed the v9.4 CR4 / Feb PlatformUpgrade / March PlatformUpgrade but the java version remains at 1.8.0_232 ?  My security department is stating we must be at 241 build.

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: GC Log file Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 07:46 PM
    The JDK update should be in CR patch, not in the platform patch.

Regards,
    Mark

• 5.  RE: GC Log file Configuration

Posted Mar 30, 2020 07:52 PM

It was in the CR4 Patch but it just isn't the latest version that our Security department is requiring.

I have DL the latest from the OpenJDK project and have installed it onto some of our test boxes.  We will test it out and proceed with the latest versions if we don't see any issues.

Rick Reed | API Architect | FXF Architecture & Delivery | FedEx Services
    Tel: 719-484-2926 | Mobile: 719-246-3102