Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Roadmap Timeline Report

Posted Aug 16, 2019 01:53 PM
    Hi Everyone!  

I'm trying to run the roadmap timeline report for a new roadmap i created.  I'm having issues running the report for a new roadmap i created.  It runs fine for a roadmap i created previously. However, with the new one, if I try to run it categorized by portfolio and colored by portfolio, it gives me an error. If i change it to run colored by portfolio, it will run but not with the colors.  Is there a job that needs to run to get this to work?  i'm baffled as the other roadmap actually runs fine.

Thanks,
    Linda

• 2.  RE: Roadmap Timeline Report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2019 05:23 AM
    Hi Linda, 

You mentioned that you did not face the same issue with another roadmap that was created previously. Did you check if that roadmap was also working while you categorized the same with colors? That might help you to understand the nature of the problem and troubleshoot further.

------------------------------
    Abhisek Dhar
    Senior Engineer
    Clarity PPM Support
    Broadcom ESD
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Roadmap Timeline Report

Posted Aug 20, 2019 07:44 AM
    ​Hi Abhisek,

I have tested the previous roadmap and it runs fine.  The new roadmap will not run if I try to categorize it by portfolio.  I'm at a loss here.  I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Thanks,
    Linda

• 4.  RE: Roadmap Timeline Report

Posted Aug 21, 2019 10:49 AM
    Edited by Linda Grant Aug 21, 2019 10:52 AM
    I want to try to clarify my issue to see if I can get some help.  I am trying to run the Roadmap Timeline Report for a new Roadmap I created.  When I go to reports and jobs and try to run the report to have the swimlane option be Portfolio (which is a picklist I created) and color the roadmap by Portfolio, I receive a message "no matching records were found."

If I try to run it again choosing to color by portfolio, it will run but the colors are not there, it's the default color only.

If I try to run it choosing the swimlanes by portfolio, but no color, I get the "no matching records were found" error.

I went into roadmap and i've categorized it by portfolio and the items show colored and categorized correctly in the new ui roadmap view.  Why are they not populating on the report :(

I have a previous roadmap I created that runs fine.  Colors and categories are correct. 

What am I missing?

• 5.  RE: Roadmap Timeline Report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2019 11:08 AM
    Hi Linda,
    I take it you ran the Load Data Warehouse job after creating the roadmap? If yes, can you reproduce with a new roadmap?

• 6.  RE: Roadmap Timeline Report

Posted Aug 21, 2019 12:01 PM
    Nika, I did run the Load Data Warehouse Job.  I just created a new roadmap and still the same problem.

Just a week or two ago I had to actually download from Broadcom a new report to upload into our system because of a defect.  Do you think this is what is causing the problem? The old roadmap was created before the new report was uploaded.  Maybe there's a disconnect there somewhere?

• 7.  RE: Roadmap Timeline Report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2019 12:06 PM
    Interesting, I don't think this should be the issue. Can you reproduce the issue on a lower environment where you haven't replaced the report?

• 8.  RE: Roadmap Timeline Report

Posted Aug 28, 2019 09:46 AM
    Nika,

I'm still working on this. As of right now I'm stuck because the custom picklist shows on the roadmap, but doesn't show in reports and jobs as an option to "color by" when I try to run the report.  I've followed all the steps in the documentation, but I can't get it to show.

• 9.  RE: Roadmap Timeline Report
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2019 01:21 PM
    Hi Linda - I'd suggest raising this case with Support, so we can see what is going on exactly!