Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Data Warehouse time periods

Posted Jan 11, 2019 09:56 AM

Good Morning!

I was getting a job failure notification on  Datamart Rollup - Time Facts and Time Summary.  I then updated the fiscal periods and then received the completed notification.  Great News....but my Data Warehouse is not updating.  Is there a job  I should be doing to get this updated for the new fiscal year?  I have done a full sync of the Load Data Warehouse.

Thanks, Donna

• 2.  Re: Data Warehouse time periods

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2019 05:56 PM

Hi Donna,

Try running the jobs in this order:

Time Slicing

Update Report Tables

Load Data Warehouse - Full Load

This should work, please let us know. -Nika

• 3.  Re: Data Warehouse time periods

Posted Jan 14, 2019 12:23 PM

Unfortunately this did not work.  Any  ideas on next steps or should I just put a ticket in?  I am going to need 2019 reporting this week.

Donna

• 4.  Re: Data Warehouse time periods

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2019 12:27 PM

We may have to check the time slices are covering the proper periods. There is a Health Report in PPM Administration, see if everything is green for Data Warehouse. If nothing stands out, feel free to put in a ticket with us!

• 5.  Re: Data Warehouse time periods

Posted Jan 14, 2019 12:32 PM

In the Entity Properties what should the Fiscal Period Type be set at?  Annually or Monthly?  

• 6.  Re: Data Warehouse time periods

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2019 12:34 PM

Make sure there are Monthly periods, as these are the ones used by DWH!

• 7.  Re: Data Warehouse time periods

Posted Jan 15, 2019 09:41 AM

Yes made sure monthly, weekly, etc.  This happened before but not sure what was done to correct it.  I put in a support ticket yesterday and referenced the previous ticket #.

Thanks, Donna

• 8.  Re: Data Warehouse time periods
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 15, 2019 03:35 PM

Just wanted to follow up and let you know that the issue was related to an out of date time slice.  I was able to update and run appropriate jobs and the DWH has been updated.