Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Period Granularity in Gantt Schedules

Posted Jun 20, 2017 06:59 PM

I have updated the Fiscal Time Periods in my Entity's properties to show:

• Q1 spanning from April 1 to June 30,
    • Q2 from July 1 to Sep 30,
    • Q3 from Oct 1 to Dec 31, and
    • Q4 from Jan 1 to Mar 31 of each active year.

I have also set the the fiscal years to Start in April and Finish in March.

I see that this has had the desired effect in the generation of Cost Plans, but Gantt Schedules - for example in the Project Dashboard Portlet and the and Project Schedule (Crystal) Report - refer to different logic, and I am trying to determine the means to update this.

For example, a Project that is finishing on June 20, 2017, once I configure the Gantt's Time Scale to be Quarters rather than Months, shows the Project End Date to be in Q2 (calendar year) 2018 rather than in Q1 Fiscal Year 2017/18.

Is there a lookup that I should be also looking to update rather, or in addition to, the Financial Organization Structure's Entities' Fiscal Time Period settings?

• 2.  Re: Period Granularity in Gantt Schedules

Posted Jun 23, 2017 07:50 PM

Will:

Fiscal periods are not linked at all to the project schedules, including the Gantt charts.  They will also not be linked to schedules viewed in Workbench or MSP, or in the Resource Planning views.  This has been asked for as an enhancement to Clarity, but is not presently available.  You only have standard calendar periods available.

John