Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Correlate Accounts associated with [default user]

Posted Feb 19, 2020 02:30 PM
    Quick question: is there a way to correlate accounts associated with the [default user] instead of having to delete the entire user?

Reason I ask is because an account can be discovered on the endpoint which does not yet have the information that IM uses. The identity would eventually be updated with the attribute (that would allow that "rogue" endpoint account to be correlated with the identity), but this is not possible because it is indeed already associated with another identity.

I just would like to know if there is a way to allow the normal explore/correlate tasks to go through the accounts attached to the default user automatically, or if there is a way to accomplish this using any other method. I think I could create a scheduled job to delete the [default user] (as the accounts associated with it are not used, anyway), but I want to know if there is another option.

Thank you very much for the help in advance!

------------------------------
    Software Consultant
    Gliat Tecnologia da Informação
    São Paulo
    Brazil
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Correlate Accounts associated with [default user]
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2020 02:59 PM
    Accounts that are already correlated (to the [default user] or some other user) will not be part of a future correlation. You need to make sure the accounts not correlated to any user. Deleting the [default user] results in the deletion of the inclusions between the accounts and the [default user].