Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Remaining Allocation

Posted Jan 20, 2010 04:50 AM
    Quick one -  Within the Project Team tab, I can bring in the "Remaining Allocation" field to see what is the leftover allocation. Do you know what table this field is stored in?   Please advise.

• 2.  Re: Remaining Allocation

Posted Jan 20, 2010 05:01 AM
    Not sure that this will be in a single field?    It is probably the difference between the PRTEAM.PRALLOCSUM and the sum of all the PRASSIGNMENT.PRESTSUM for the resource on the project.  (That is a guess by the way - check it out on your database).      (The values are in seconds I think, and of course this is the total per project, and not spread by time period, to do that you'd have to drop into analysing the slice information)    

• 3.  Re: Remaining Allocation

Posted Jan 20, 2010 05:32 AM
    Thanks Dave for the response.    PRESTSUM is ETC's I think. I looked at a few projects on the team tab and this calculation doesn't seem to work. I usd the following logic to get the Total remaining allocation but that is fetching me the wrong number too..  UPDATE odf_ca_project prj  set jdi_tot_remain_alloc = nvl((SELECT Round(Sum(allocated_qty),2) FROM sst094p.nbi_prt_facts nb
    WHERE fact_date >= SYSDATE
    AND resource_id IN (SELECT id FROM sst094p.srm_resources WHERE is_active = 1)
    and nb.project_id = prj.id),0)    

• 4.  Re: Remaining Allocation

Posted Jan 20, 2010 05:54 AM
    OK, I was interpreting "Remaining Allocation" as the allocation to the project that was not yet used, but thinking about it, thats "Un-used Allocations" isn't it?   (Told you it was a guess!)  "Remaining Allocations" appears to be the resource's availability minus their already allocated time (allocated to other projects?) - but over what period is this derived over?   (I don't have a quick answer for that)   (and the field appears to be lower-bounded by 0.0)  You probably do need to get into the slice (or datamart tables like in you example code).   BUT that is going to rely on timeslicing AND datamart running (so your data is always "old") and being sure over what period the data is aggregated.....  and that all sounds nasty to me.