Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  EAR not deployed by Identityminder

Posted Jul 21, 2015 09:21 AM

I try to manually deploy identityminder EAR in Websphere. But after the installation of idm in Linux environment I didn't find WAS_iam. ear file in the idm specified path or anywhere in the system.

• 2.  Re: EAR not deployed by Identityminder

Posted Jul 24, 2015 04:13 AM

Hi Mohan,

The default name of IDM ear is iam_im.ear. Please let us know how did you get WAS_iam.ear to deploy manually?  Can you please let us know the steps.

Regards,

Lavanya G

• 3.  Re: EAR not deployed by Identityminder

Posted Jul 24, 2015 11:10 AM

During IDM installation, IDM ask for Auto deployment of ear (or) manual deployment of ear , i choose manual deployment, at the end IDM show the ear file will create under some folder. but it's not there after plain idm installation. basically there is no file in that folder.

• 4.  Re: EAR not deployed by Identityminder

Posted Jul 27, 2015 11:36 AM

Any Ideas.

• 5.  Re: EAR not deployed by Identityminder

Posted Jul 28, 2015 10:22 AM

Any Idea is highly appreciated

• 6.  Re: EAR not deployed by Identityminder

Posted Jul 28, 2015 10:37 AM

Hi Mohan.

Please, let us know the steps you are trying to do. If you look in our documentation (https://wiki.ca.com/display/CIM1265/Install+on+WebSphere) there are detailed steps for the different scenarios that you may be facing. We strongly recommend you to use the automated deployment option, which is achieved by running the product installer. Also, there are different steps for single-node implementation, cluster implementation, and so.

For example, if you are trying to deploy a single-node WebSphere implementation, there will be differences if you are using a standalone profile or a federated profile.

Please let us know the exact steps you are doing, this way we will be able to help you further.

Kind Regards,

Renato Pioker

EDIT: I just noticed that you mentioned the steps you are taking. Could you please let us know why you are trying to do the manual deployment, instead of the automated one? I'm asking because the automated deployment is far more reliable...

EDIT #2: Please let us know the product version (product name, release, service pack and fixes/cumulative release) you are using, as well as OS version and WebSphere version.

• 7.  Re: EAR not deployed by Identityminder

Posted Jul 28, 2015 11:58 AM

In our environment the websphere is maintained by different team, which we have no control on it. Infact we have rights to only one folder to install IDM server. so we have to give the EAR file to websphere team to deploy manually, which they deploy in different folder.

so in one linux machine we have rights to install only in /IDM folder, the websphere has different folder structure which is /IBM.

did i explained clearly?

I am not sure, but I believe for further customization in EAR jsp pages, manual deployment is a good approach. so that we can rebuild the EAR and redeploy it.

• 8.  Re: EAR not deployed by Identityminder

Posted Jul 28, 2015 12:55 PM

Hi Renato,

Please find the detail below.

Product Info:

ProductName=CA IAM Suite

FullVersion=211.3.0.398

IDM version - 12.6 sp4

-----------------------------

Websphere Info:

Name                  IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment

Version               8.5.5.5

--------------------------------

OS Info:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 (Santiago)

Let me know if you need any details.

• 9.  Re: EAR not deployed by Identityminder

Posted Jul 29, 2015 10:05 AM

Hi Mohan, thank you for your reply.

Our first recommendation is to use the latest version of CA Identity Manager, which is currently 12.6 SP5 CR01. If it is not possible to jump to the latest version, please try to run the installation procedure in a test machine without the permission restrition - this way you can check if the issue you are facing is related to your environment restritions or not and, assuming that this installation is successful, you can use the EAR generated in the test machine to deploy to the real one.

If none of the actions suggested above help you to fix the issue, or if you can't follow any of those, please open a ticket in CA Support, so we can assist you properly.

Kind Regards.