Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to lookup a OU(AD) from PM or IM

Posted Aug 08, 2020 09:45 AM
    We are trying to create a new account template (AD) and trying to add a group to the template. We are unable to search the groups from IM, so we tried to do it from Provisioning Manager. PM is unable to display a sub OU. The groups that we are trying to add is in that Sub OU. What would be the reason that PM is unable to display that OU.

We checked the service account permission and it has full control of the Sub OU and the parent OU. Do we need to run synchronization to bring the AD OU's into PM ?

Appreciate any response.

Regards,
    Sagar

• 2.  RE: Unable to lookup a OU(AD) from PM or IM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2020 10:22 AM
    Try running an Explore for that OU and see if that resolves the problem.

• 3.  RE: Unable to lookup a OU(AD) from PM or IM

Posted Aug 08, 2020 10:43 AM
    Appreciate your response.

What does this explore do. Does it bring back all the details of that OU ?

I created a explore and correlate definition and when i submitted the task got completed successfully. Then when i went to execute explore and correlate, i don't see the definition that i created. Also it is not allowing me to create a new definition with the same name, saying it is not unique. What could be the issue, that i am not able to modify/view the definition that i created ?

• 4.  RE: Unable to lookup a OU(AD) from PM or IM

Posted Aug 08, 2020 12:59 PM
    Hi Kenneth, 
                   I ran the explore option from PM and it brought back the OU and i am able to see the contents of it as well. Again, i really appreciate your suggestion.