AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  autoping -M ALL versus autorep -M ALL

Posted Feb 18, 2020 06:22 AM
    Can anyone explain to me why the commands "autoping -M ALL" and "autorep -M ALL" reference different machines please?

What are these commands doing behind the scenes?

When I run autorep -M ALL in one of our environments it returns a list of the machines defined in our database, which corresponds to the active entries in the [mdb].[dbo].[ujo_machine] table.
    When I run autoping -M ALL it returns all the machines that were returned by the autorep, however there are additional machines which I can't find mentioned anywhere else.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: autoping -M ALL versus autorep -M ALL
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2020 11:42 AM
    Hi Hannah,

The only additional entries I can think of from the autorep command would be the virtual machine definitions.
    They would have the notation like xxx.machineName where xxx is the name of the virtual machine.

If you have something different, can you share the output?  I would also add a autorep -q -m machineName to see how it is defined.

Regards,
    Mike

• 3.  RE: autoping -M ALL versus autorep -M ALL

Posted Mar 03, 2020 04:57 AM
    ​Hi Mike,
    Thanks for your reply.

I think the discrepancy was related to the fact that our DBMaint process wasn't running.

It seems that autoping -M ALL pings real machines defined in ujo_machine and machines referenced in ujo_job.  So we had machines still in the database that we thought had been deleted.

Best wishes,
    Hannah