DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  SMS Alerts in Spectrum

Posted Apr 03, 2013 07:32 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I have CA Spectrum 9.2 installed on windows 2008 r2

I'm trying to enable SMS Alerts for the device owners. For this I have passed the celphone number via "Notes" attribute of the device and used that value in SetScript to execute a URL which will send the sms

"http://sms.abc.in/sendsms_abc/sendmsg.php?uname=***&pass=***&dest=".$NOTES."&msg=A ".$SEV." alarm has occurred on ".$SERVER." (Model ame=".$MNAME.")(Model Type=".$MTYPE.")";

I'm unable to hit./execute this URL in SetScript using Perl.

Regards,
    Jitesh

• 2.  RE: SMS Alerts in Spectrum
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 03, 2013 09:33 AM
    Does the cell phone provider utilize a email to SMS gateway? If they do, just stand up another Notifier instance and craft the original SetScript to one more suited to SMS messaging and use the SMS email address in the Notification Data field.

• 3.  RE: SMS Alerts in Spectrum

Posted Apr 11, 2013 02:14 AM

MattClausen wrote:

Does the cell phone provider utilize a email to SMS gateway? If they do, just stand up another Notifier instance and craft the original SetScript to one more suited to SMS messaging and use the SMS email address in the Notification Data field.
    I couldn't not use another instance of Alarm Notifier as SMS notifier because the sms server doesn't support sending sms via emails or Gateway IP address. The only way to send the SMS is via URL (an HTTP request). Therefore, I installed the latest version of perl and called the SMS script that I have created in the SET script. It worked well. Thanks for the suggestions. :smile

• 4.  RE: SMS Alerts in Spectrum

Posted Apr 11, 2013 04:58 PM
    Take care,
    SMS is slow. .. if you send many alarms via SMS you have to queue them.
    On linux there are several services available to do this job. Sometimes they use multiple Mobile-phones or UMTS-Sticks to provide a fast deployment of mass-alarms-SMS.

There are a couble projects running on rasberrypie to queue the SMS-Alarms. .. but only with one UMTS-Stick.
    A simple solution could be to create only a File for every alarm and then build a scheduled job which only grabs all files every 1 or 2 minutes.
    Finally only this job and the files create a simple queue.
    .. if there are to many files, kick only one alarm-sms "too many alrms to send them induvidually"

If you use an external service, ... what is the plan if this exernal service fails? *-)

Regards
    Erich

• 5.  Re: SMS Alerts in Spectrum

Posted Feb 19, 2015 09:59 AM

Hi Jiteshud,

I m looking to implement the same system of notification in our system, and i 'll be great if you have any documentation that can help me to make this.

and if you have any exemple of perl file that we should to custumize in %spectrum\Notifier\ % in order to send the SMS.

Thanks .

Driss,