IT Process Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Example Process for Attaching files to Service Desk

• 1.  Example Process for Attaching files to Service Desk

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2012 12:08 PM
      |   view attached
    Attach_example_ServiceDesk.zip contains an example of how we can use IT PAM SOAP Client Operator to create Attachments in Service Desk Manager. We have to use SOAP Client Operator as the Base SDM Operator does not have options to add SOAP attachment parameters.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Example Process for Attaching files to Service Desk

Posted Feb 07, 2013 01:58 AM
    Hi,
    Tried this example..Login and Logout are successfull. When running createAttachement got failed. Below is the SOAPResponseBody and Fault Message.

<Fault xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><faultcode>soapenv:Client</faultcode><faultstring>AHD03332:UploadFile failed</faultstring><faultactor/><detail><ErrorMessage>AHD03332:UploadFile failed</ErrorMessage><ErrorCode>1</ErrorCode></detail></Fault>
    soapenv:ClientAHD03332:UploadFile failedAHD03332:UploadFile failed1

• 3.  RE: Example Process for Attaching files to Service Desk

Posted Mar 26, 2013 03:52 PM
    Hello,

I'm also testing the example, and the operator createSDMAttachment throws me the same error

[color=#4200f9]Xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"> <Fault <faultcode> soapenv: Client </ faultcode> <faultstring> AHD03332: UploadFile failed </ faultstring> <faultactor/> <detail> < ErrorMessage> AHD03332: UploadFile failed </ ErrorMessage> <ErrorCode> 1 </ ErrorCode> </ detail> </ Fault>[color]

Regards, David.

• 4.  RE: Example Process for Attaching files to Service Desk

Posted Jun 25, 2013 12:32 AM
    Error Code of 1 usually indicates "General Failure". You have to check the system logs to get more information related to the error. Can you check stdlog file for what error is captured over there. stdlog should contain more information related to the error. This should help in identifying the exact issue.

By stdlog I mean Service Desk standard log file.

• 5.  RE: Example Process for Attaching files to Service Desk

Posted Feb 17, 2014 12:16 PM

I have been using this in one of my solutions for a long time; recently I have experienced an issue with the filename when trying to create the attachment on the SD ticket.

My PA solution processes inbound email and any attachments on the email, creates or updates a ServiceDesk ticket and adds any attachments to the ticket.

When the process reads the email it grabs any attachments and writes them to a local folder for use later in the process.

I have had a couple of instances where the filename of the email attachment has a semi-colon in it, this is a valid filename character.

e.g. "Master Abwesenheitshinweis.doc;jsessionid=C47FFE38B48D81AE0B541AC07BEF34D0.doc"

Now when this gets passed into the SOAP Operater as part of the mime attachments settings the filename gets truncated after the semi-colon.

It seems to see the semi-colon as a seperator.

I have tried enclosing the filename in quotes and url encoding the semi-colon but this doesn't help.

It just errors saying it cannot find the file in the local folder, this is because it is now looking for the wrong filename.

Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is:

1. Test each saved file for troublesome characters such as ";"
    2. Replace those characters with an underscore.
    3. allow the SD attachment process to run as is now that the reson for the error has been removed.

I don't really like modifying the incoming content as the attachment may have been referred to in the body of the email and so could cause some confusion for the desk agents.

• 6.  [PAM Custom Solutions, Ideas and Examples] RE: Example Process for Attachin

Posted Feb 17, 2014 12:38 PM
    Try putting CDATA tags around your string:

<![CDATA[your string here]]>

• 7.  RE: [PAM Custom Solutions, Ideas and Examples] RE: Example Process for Atta

Posted Feb 17, 2014 12:49 PM

That works when specifying the filename in the main SOAP message, I had to do that to stop filenames with "&" in them from breaking the xml.

This is when you create the valuemap to pass to the mime attachment settings.

// Create map array
    var attVMArray =  new Array();
    // Create a single map with attachment fields
    var attVM = newValueMap();
    attVM.fileURL = "<![CDATA[" + Process.AttachedFile + "]]>";
    attVM.contentType = "application/octet-stream";
    attVM.contentId = "";
    attVMArray.size = 1;
    attVMArray[0] = attVM;
    // Assign the Map array to a field in Operator
    Process[OpName].attachmentMap = attVMArray;

If I put CDATA tags around the file name here I get the following:

"SOAP invocation failed: Unable to resolve protocol"

• 8.  [PAM Custom Solutions, Ideas and Examples] RE: Example Process for Atta

Posted Feb 17, 2014 12:55 PM
    Tony, which operator are you using?

• 9.  RE: [PAM Custom Solutions, Ideas and Examples] RE: Example Process for Atta

Posted Feb 17, 2014 01:04 PM
    Tom_Kouhsari:
    Tony, which operator are you using?

Hi Tom,

I am using a standard SOAP Client Call Operator.

• 10.  RE: [PAM Custom Solutions, Ideas and Examples] RE: Example Process for Atta

Posted Feb 18, 2014 09:40 AM

Hey Tony,

I see what you mean.  This looks like a bug so I would open a case with Support.

Thanks,
    Tom

• 11.  Re: Example Process for Attaching files to Service Desk

Posted Mar 17, 2017 08:02 AM

Hi all,

I'm running into the "SOAP invocation failed: Unable to resolve protocol" error. Did you receive any response from Support?

• 12.  Re: Example Process for Attaching files to Service Desk

Posted May 23, 2017 04:03 PM

Hi, Michael, the attachment path may be a share folder on the network example: \\ 172.26.53.132 \ folder

• 13.  Re: Example Process for Attaching files to Service Desk

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2017 04:11 PM

The path can be a network share folder, though there are often networking / permission issues that have to be addressed to allow the connection to be successful.  

• 14.  Re: Example Process for Attaching files to Service Desk

Posted Dec 06, 2017 11:07 AM

Absolutely brilliant example Mike! Worked right out of the gate. Thank you!