Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Riskminder stand alone

Posted Mar 03, 2015 08:23 PM

Hi,

I've implemented a use case where CA Authminder and Riskminder combine with CA Siteminder to provide a two factor and risk based authentication workflow to applications protected by CA Siteminder.

However, I was wondering if it is possible to have a stand alone CA Riskminder acting as a risk engine and using the Authentication flow manager to go through risk based authentication for an application that isn't integrated with CA Siteminder?

I just have a stand alone application that uses a database table as a user store, how do I plug in the risk component into this? Do I have to use web services or is there a more out of the box solution available? I went through the risk minder documentation, but wasn't clear on how the app's authentication mechanism would interface with RM.

Regards,

Anand.

• 2.  Re: CA Riskminder stand alone

Posted Mar 12, 2015 04:33 PM

Can anyone help with this query?

Thank you

Anand Rao wrote:

Hi,

I've implemented a use case where CA Authminder and Riskminder combine with CA Siteminder to provide a two factor and risk based authentication workflow to applications protected by CA Siteminder.

However, I was wondering if it is possible to have a stand alone CA Riskminder acting as a risk engine and using the Authentication flow manager to go through risk based authentication for an application that isn't integrated with CA Siteminder?

I just have a stand alone application that uses a database table as a user store, how do I plug in the risk component into this? Do I have to use web services or is there a more out of the box solution available? I went through the risk minder documentation, but wasn't clear on how the app's authentication mechanism would interface with RM.

Regards,

Anand.

• 3.  Re: CA Riskminder stand alone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2015 11:55 AM

Hi Anand,

Yes it is possible that you can use RiskMinder stand alone without any conjuncture with SiteMinder. RiskMinder provides SDK and Webservices and that can be used stand alone in any application. For any secondary authentication you need to have AuthMinder or some other implementation which can ask additional authentication. It can also be used with Adapter where as primary authentication will be used as LDAP, you can also develop your own flows as Adapter is very customizable.

Let us know for any additional questions.

Thanks

Namish

• 4.  Re: CA Riskminder stand alone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2015 05:03 AM

Hi Anand,

The CA Advanced Authentication releases provides an Adapter Component that allows one to experience the various Out of Fox flows using a application (that can be deployed) namely samlsampleapplication.  Suggest that you download the Adapter related manual and use this sample application to say exercise the flow such as ArcotID + Risk Authentication. This is without Siteminder Integration.

Girish