Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Print Schedules from Process Assembly

Posted Feb 27, 2020 06:31 PM

In old UC4 there use to be an option to print out Job Objects and Job Schedules, is there an option for this in the AWI? 

If not, what is everyone using as an alternative? 

------------------------------
    DevOps Engineer
    ULLICO

• 2.  RE: Print Schedules from Process Assembly
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 28, 2020 04:31 AM
    ​Hey,

we use standard browser print functionality, and you can export an increasing number of objects with newer AWI versions to e.g. csv files and print those. IIRC, that should be roughly on par with the printing functionality in old UC4? I didn't use it much, but with old UC4 our user base also occasionally voiced that the printing options are insufficient.

Beyond that, there are also commercial products that offer enhanced printing capabilities for Automic. We've looked at one in the past, but since that did require an extra database and had more capabilities beyond mere printing (and concequently, the price tag and complexity you'd expect with that), it wasn't for us. I can't name product names here, PM me if you need the product name.

Br,
    Carsten

• 3.  RE: Print Schedules from Process Assembly

Posted Feb 28, 2020 07:12 AM
    ​Hi

There is a dedicated product for this - and a few other things - called Omniview:
    https://www.broadcom.com/info/automation/automic-omniview-process-documentation

But like Carsten mentioned it's not free of charge...

Br
    Antoine

• 4.  RE: Print Schedules from Process Assembly

Posted Feb 28, 2020 07:13 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Feb 28, 2020 07:14 AM
    ​Yeah okay, no need to PM me for the product name. That's the one I had in mind :D

(edit: but that's okay, I forgot that Broadcom/Automic acts as a reseller for this, so all good ... :)

These contain very good advise on asking questions and describing supposed bugs (no, you do not need to go to StackExchange for Automic questions, but yes, the parts on asking detailed, useful questions ARE usually relevant):

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

I will not respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums.

• 5.  RE: Print Schedules from Process Assembly

Posted Mar 10, 2020 01:44 PM
    Edited by Pete Wirfs Mar 10, 2020 02:14 PM
    @Antoine Sauteron
    One of my staff just asked me to look into OmniView.   Whats the ROI like on this product?  How do you cost justify the expense?  In our case, we are a very small shop, so I doubt we can cost justify it.​​   Currently our only graveyard operator has been mapping critical path with an excel spreadsheet, but I'm sure that OmniView could do an even better analysis.  But we are surviving fine today without it.   I consider critical path analysis to be "nice to have" but not business critical.

Maybe others here are currently using OmniView and can speak to its strengths?

(Edit: I am putting in a request to our sales rep to find what they would charge us)

Pete

• 6.  RE: Print Schedules from Process Assembly

Posted Mar 11, 2020 04:25 AM
    ​Hi Pete,

I'm not the expert there - I haven't been using it so much either. What I know is that you can generate exports of your workflows, either as high-quality image or  as web pages. These web pages can that can be viewed in a browser, allowing you to dive into nested workflows. For instance if you double-click on a nested workflow it will take you to another page that contains details of this workflow.

Maybe someone who has been extensively using it would explain it better than me.

BR
    Antoine