Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Hierarchical queries in CA Clarity Studio Developer's Guide

Posted Dec 10, 2013 02:09 PM

Might I suggest that an example of a hierarchical query is added to the  CA Clarity Studio Developer's Guide.

The guide gives the basic elements used in hierarchical queries, but an example would help to approach this topic.

There are examples for the basic NSQL constructs.

Martti K.

• 2.  RE: Hierarchical queries in CA Clarity Studio Developer's Guide

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2014 01:56 PM
    another_martink:

Might I suggest that an example of a hierarchical query is added to the  CA Clarity Studio Developer's Guide.

The guide gives the basic elements used in hierarchical queries, but an example would help to approach this topic.

There are examples for the basic NSQL constructs.

Martti K.

Hi Martti,

We reached out in December and received a powerpoint example from Product Management that showcased the NSQL behind a hierarchical portlet. I spent some time developing a simple example with a graphic of the matching sample portlet. Technically, the work must be peer reviewed here and subjected to other internal validation before I can make it available in a public document. I would say your suggestion/feedback was heard and this particular community "question" can be marked as resolved to take it out of the queue. Until we move to a live content model, some time will have to transpire before publication. Thank you for the feedback.

Kind Regards,

Damon

• 3.  Re: Hierarchical queries in CA Clarity Studio Developer's Guide

Posted Sep 05, 2014 02:48 AM

Thanks for putting up the effort, Damon

NJ

• 4.  Re: Hierarchical queries in CA Clarity Studio Developer's Guide
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2014 01:39 PM

Hi Martti:

Thank you again for the suggestion (and special thanks to byee and so many others -- like an Award for Best Supporting Actor, I hear the music and will stop here). The new example and other edits were worked into the section on Hierarchical Queries in the CA PPM 14.1 Studio Developer Guide and is now available here:

https://support.ca.com/cadocs/7/CA%20Clarity%20PPM%2014%201%2000%20%20On%20Premise%20-%20Restricted%20Content%20-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/HTML/studio/index.htm

While any forward-looking statements must be accompanied by a disclaimer indicating that plans may change and no decisions should be made based on such statements, we could see a time coming when the CA PPM documentation is available as a wiki with community comments that can be appended to each page (perhaps as early as 2015). Other customers and developers could, in theory, post their own examples or share ideas about NSQL implementations.

Until then, have a look at the 14.1 CA Support and CA Info Services Documentation Bookshelf and please, by all means, continue to let us know how we can improve the documentation for the entire community of CA PPM users. You are a tremendous asset and I believe you inspire others.

Kind Regards,

Damon

• 5.  Re: Hierarchical queries in CA Clarity Studio Developer's Guide

Posted Oct 03, 2014 02:42 PM

Thank you kindly that is a real instruction and we'd certainly welcome more if there are any.

Just wondering a little if I search the Studio developer guide for Hierarchical Queries  I don't get that, I get only Hierarchical Query Filters.

But still can find it from the table of contents.