Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Anon Anon

Anon AnonAug 27, 2015 04:34 AM

• 1.  Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Posted Aug 24, 2015 06:38 AM

Want to know how to calculate sum which needed to fill in XML.

<Segment finish="2015-10-01T00:00:00" start="2015-09-01T00:00:00" sum="0.1488"/>.

For example :- I want a resource to be allocated for 30 hours in next month to a project. I can create the XOG file but the value in sum as in bold in above line is little confusing.

Anyone Please provide a Query/Idea on how to calculate the sum given I have hours data to allocate.

Thanks in Advance

• 2.  Re: Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Posted Aug 24, 2015 06:53 AM

• 3.  Re: Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Posted Aug 24, 2015 09:28 AM

Hi NavJoshi,

I got the Idea from the above link.

My question is Is there any table that contains the value and any link to query which can guide for the same.

Business requirement is that on front end the value should be same and thus any query for the same to come to the SUM will be helpful.

Regards

GyanDeo

• 4.  Re: Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Posted Aug 24, 2015 02:59 PM

There is prallocsum in prteam table.

• 5.  Re: Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Posted Aug 25, 2015 09:24 AM

Can we update Allocation from Backend.... Using Query?

• 6.  Re: Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Posted Aug 25, 2015 09:40 AM

You would have to update the blob field have that synced with the sum field. I'd say fat chance.

If you don't want to do it with XOG or in the GUI another supported way is to get an tool that builds on XOG or Web services in supported manner from CA services from one of the partners ar have a custom interface build.

• 7.  Re: Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Posted Aug 25, 2015 09:53 AM

Thanks Urmas,

I am able to figure out a way to XOG in.

Any Idea about how to read BLOB from DB. I know from my past that there was a way to read but now I am facing it difficult to search in the forum... It has changed a lot.

Regards

Gyan

• 8.  Re: Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Posted Aug 25, 2015 10:52 AM

"Any Idea about how to read BLOB from DB"

The short answer is no way.

There does not seem to be a simple way to copy blobs either.

(

https://communities.ca.com/message/97590625#97590625

)

You can get the binary data with any query tool, but to interpret it to something meaningful is tough.

That is why the slices are there. In the slices the data is in legible format.

There are three ways I can think of how to the get data in blobs assuming the slices are not good enough.

1. Talk to the guys who wrote the code for creating the blobs and reading them at the time of Hoskyns, ABT and Niku.

Some of them are still involved and work for partners.

2. Put a trace on and save values to a timescaled portlet see how the java code involved writes the data and reverse engineer the read from that.

3. Get a copy of the Niku Curve Extractor (referred as NICE) from somebody and see if it still works.

• 9.  Re: Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Posted Aug 25, 2015 01:00 PM

urmas wrote:

3. Get a copy of the Niku Curve Extractor (referred as NICE) from somebody and see if it still works.

It has been a long while since I last heard a reference to that project. 

I would suspect it would have had to have been reworked/rebranded outside of Niku/CA in order to still be usable today - the original (above) would have stopped working at version Niku 6.0 and above and wasn't maintained further, so if that one or any lower version of it is found I would not even recommend trying to get it to work as I know it will not.

• 10.  Re: Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Posted Aug 25, 2015 04:48 PM

Would imagine that the "Pemari Curves" solution would fill that third-party tool to read blob-data gap these days.

http://www.pemari.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=185&Itemid=148

(just to be clear, I have no relation to Pemari whatsoever)

--

Myself I'd have to be very convinced that a XOG solution would not work for me to start down the route of trying to read allocations from the blob (and I have built bespoke blob-reading code in the past for timesheet "days")

• 11.  Re: Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2015 05:06 AM
      |   view attached

GEL code attached writes to a custom slice table by reading directly from BLOBs.

SQL is ORACLE.

You should be able to alter this code to simply read the BLOBs.

Attachment(s)

zip
    slice-blobs_v01.gel.zip   3 KB 1 version

• 12.  Re: Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Posted Aug 26, 2015 06:04 AM

STUART Turner wrote:

You should be able to alter this code to simply read the BLOBs.

Great post , but just to expand on that comment - while that GEL script does indeed read BLOB data, it is doing so by incorporating the com.niku.xmlserver.blob.PVInputStream method into the GEL, so in fact the SQL in the script is reading a BLOB as a BLOB and then that included method is breaking down the BLOB into the meaningful data (i.e. the actual read of the data in the BLOB is happening in the GEL, not in the SQL).

In order to get SQL to read the data in the BLOB directly, you would/could deploy the relevant java methods into the database and then a pure SQL statement could "read the BLOB".

(I don't think any of this is "simple" though - I still maintain that the "simple" solution is to read out the data via XOG and then manipulate it!)

• 13.  Re: Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Posted Aug 26, 2015 03:25 PM

Agree great post turst07 Thanks.

More generally. nick_darlington *s post refreshed my memory.

Yes NICE was for Niku 5.

When Niku 6 came out the first word was that the blobs are gone.

When the guy who said that was gone it turned out that they were not.

The Blobcracker was rewritten in java - apparently it was C++ earlier.

The instructions and details were in Dutch which allowed me to catch only fragments of those. (No Google translate at the time)

Stuart is must have been right on that at the time. 

• 14.  Re: Planning to update resource allocation through XOG.

Posted Aug 27, 2015 04:34 AM

Thanks Everyone . You guys rocks.