Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

• 1.  Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Posted Oct 06, 2015 01:40 PM

Hi,

Is there any existing way or field that shows the Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Thanks !!

• 2.  Re: Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Posted Oct 06, 2015 01:55 PM

I am not sure what you mean do you mean an Aggregation row at the bottom of the project Team Page?

• 3.  Re: Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Posted Oct 06, 2015 02:01 PM

Yes, correct. However that field is virtual and can be created by end user.

Now user wants to see that value on the Project level instead of going inside each Project to view that value under Team tab.

• 4.  Re: Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Posted Oct 06, 2015 03:24 PM

So overall allocations of days/hours for the whole project?

Do they want it broken down by month too?

• 5.  Re: Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Posted Oct 06, 2015 03:30 PM

That's correct Andy, Total Allocations in hours for the whole Project from the Team tab (Not by weeks, months, etc.) I am avoiding any batch process update of custom field at the Project level if we have any existing way or field in Clarity. I'm on V13.3 SaaS.
    Thanks !!

• 6.  Re: Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Posted Oct 06, 2015 08:54 PM
      |   view attached

not exactly a solution on the project list but how about the "Project Allocations by Employment Type" report that comes with the CSP add-in?

Attachment(s)

• 7.  Re: Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Posted Oct 09, 2015 08:34 PM

Hi Abhhishek - We're you able to work out a solution for this? Thanks! Chris

• 8.  Re: Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Posted Oct 13, 2015 04:50 PM

Hi Chris,

Not yet. I have gone through the suggested report mentioned by Connie but that is not going to suffice the user's requirement. Thanks for the follow up!!

• 9.  Re: Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Posted Oct 16, 2015 06:08 PM

You need 14.3 for this feature.

The new Aggregated Calculated Attributes let you create an attribute type that can pull data up from subobjects, including allocation:

(After filling out the above, you would then click Generate and then Save and Return - I didn't do that so you could still see the selections I made).

Then after that, add it to your list view.

Here's how it looks on the team staff page:

And here's the aggregated calculated attribute in the list view:

• 10.  Re: Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Posted Oct 19, 2015 03:16 AM

That's great Nick!

• 11.  Re: Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Posted May 24, 2016 10:58 AM

Great tips Nick,  It will be very useful.

is there a way we could also add this in the hierarchy tab.  I came with an issue when adding this attribute in the hierachy tab... I get an error "SER-0104: The hierarchy was not retrieve"

• 12.  Re: Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Posted May 26, 2016 09:42 AM

Could you please report that to us in a support issue?

I'm not sure if that is to be expected or not (i.e. an expected limitation with the hierarchy tab as it contains some special rather than common functionality).  If it turns out to be a defect instead we would want to associate your issue to that.

• 13.  Re: Show Total Allocations from the Team Tab on the Project object/Project List view?

Posted May 30, 2016 10:28 AM

Ok thank you, I did open a support ticket and the issue is related with CLRT-74027.. I would have had this problem adding any custom attribute to that view

See knowledge base article:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec614204.aspx

Sustainability team is closing the defect because they are not planning to make any changes... that is an easy resolution :-)

Would you know if it is possible to use the aggregated calculated attributed in link with project hierarchy... to aggregate a custom field from sub-project toward the master project? Maybe I am trying to do something that the attribute type is not design for..