Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

XOG out Subpage of project (Views -> Project Properties)

• 1.  XOG out Subpage of project (Views -> Project Properties)

Posted Apr 14, 2016 05:28 AM

Hi All,

May I ask how can I XOG out Subpage from project object?

I've only found view read file (property_view_read.xml) where views can be read but unfortunately couldn't get any results from project object... \

Tried just this because couldn't find also ID for Project Properties view...  Many thanks

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
      <Header version="8.0" action="read" objectType="contentPack" externalSource="NIKU">
        <args contentType="view" name="order_by_1" value="code"/>
      </Header>
      <ViewQuery>
        <Filter name="code" criteria="EQUALS">property</Filter>
        <Filter name="object_code" criteria="EQUALS">project</Filter>
      </ViewQuery> 
    </NikuDataBus>

Matej

• 2.  Re: XOG out Subpage of project (Views -> Project Properties)

Posted Apr 14, 2016 05:43 AM

<ViewQuery> 

<Filter name="object_code" criteria="EQUALS">project</Filter> 

</ViewQuery>

should get you all the views on PROJECT object.

I don't think you could ever get a single subpage (since they are really just part of the layout-edit view), but you should be able to read a single view by providing the correct "code" I think

<ViewQuery> 

<Filter name="code" criteria="EQUALS">projectGeneral</Filter> 

</ViewQuery>

• 3.  Re: XOG out Subpage of project (Views -> Project Properties)

Posted Apr 14, 2016 07:40 AM

Hi Dave,

Hmmm, I don't know why but both your options "crashed" for me due to expired time of session I'd say. It's still loading and after some minutes it didn't post any results (I'm "still" using xog.client, because Xog through command prompt is not working for me for some time...)

Especially your second tip (just select General subpage) should post XML output very quickly, but it didn't happen.

Matej

• 4.  Re: XOG out Subpage of project (Views -> Project Properties)

Posted Apr 14, 2016 08:17 AM

To be honest, I've only ever used XOG to read/write views belonging to custom objects, never any of the stock objects - but that 'syntax' is what I use for custom views.

(I'm a bit scared of affecting stock objects heavily thru XOG to be honest! )

• 5.  Re: XOG out Subpage of project (Views -> Project Properties)

Posted Apr 14, 2016 08:26 AM

I understand Dave

We have some custom Subpages on project object and I've just developed another 4 which is a "huge clicking session" when you want to deploy it from DEV to TEST env. so wanted to create some automation there....

I was successful with new processes, lookups and new project attributes but got stuck with Subpages... so currently creating it manually...

Matej

• 6.  Re: XOG out Subpage of project (Views -> Project Properties)

Posted Apr 14, 2016 04:28 PM

Assuming a high enough version of Clarity, can you create a Content Package and only add the View: projectGeneral to it?

When the content package has been created, you should be able to 'download' it as a zipped XOG output file and see if it contains your subpages inside it for importing to your other environment.

• 7.  Re: XOG out Subpage of project (Views -> Project Properties)

Posted Apr 15, 2016 02:59 AM

Hi Nick,

Yes I know this functionality in 14.x versions, but unfortunately we are still on 13.3, so this would not help me

Just thinking why CA didn't provide such a functionality much earlier, because I assume this (deploying new changes/CRs) are doing everyone since Clarity exists ... But we can't influence it of course, only just vote for some fine ideas there...

P.S. In the meantime I've created subpages manually

Matej

• 8.  Re: XOG out Subpage of project (Views -> Project Properties)

Posted Oct 18, 2017 09:19 AM

Hi nick_darlington,

If we can back to this topic after more than year - we have successfully upgraded to 15.3 where Content packages are available. I've just created some custom Subpages with a lot of attributes. Now when would like to create a content pack, I still see just a General subpage of project:

Is that mean that custom Subpages cannot be extracted ata ll from Clarity? 

Those are they:

Thanks,

Matej

• 9.  Re: XOG out Subpage of project (Views -> Project Properties)

Posted Oct 26, 2017 02:54 AM

Hi all, 

Could you please let me know if it's possible to add custom Subpages to content packages? 

Thanks, 

Matej

• 10.  Re: XOG out Subpage of project (Views -> Project Properties)

Posted Oct 26, 2017 04:07 AM

Not that I could find - this was on 15.2 where the views available are:

Project Create::projectCreate
    Project List::projmgr.projectList
    etc

Not the subpages like Project Settings.

• 11.  Re: XOG out Subpage of project (Views -> Project Properties)

Posted Oct 30, 2017 04:12 AM

I think that any subpages are just part of the 'edit' view - so they wouldn't have their own separate section in the view XML, but they would be within the section for the <update> part of the property view.

Simple way to check though ; XOG out an object (or just its views) with custom subpages and have a look at the XML!