Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  GMU Import issue

Posted Jan 23, 2017 11:41 PM

Hello All,

I exported my Policy from Source Gateway and it is saved in my local desktop at location: C:\Users\Desktop\GatewayMigrationUtility-1.3.00\bundle folder with name tst.xml

Post exporting my XML , now i am trying to upload the exported XML to target gateway and i got results as below:

C:\Users\Desktop\GatewayMigrationUtility-1.3.00>GatewayMigrationUtility.bat migrateIn --host hostname --username admin --plaintextPassword 7layer -plaintextEncryptionPassphrase 7layer
    -trustCertificate --trustHostname --bundle bundle/tst.xml --results bundle/tst-all-results.xml

Warning: TLS hostname verification has been disabled
    Warning: TLS server certificate check has been disabled
    Running............
    MigrateIn results saved in: bundle/tst-all-results.xml
    Migrate in successful

Now I can see an updated file again in my bundle folder at my desktop folder as: C:\Users\Desktop\GatewayMigrationUtility-1.3.00\bundle

Can someone please let me know how to proceed further and i can upload the new tst-all-results.xml to the target gateway.

Regards

Praty

• 2.  Re: GMU Import issue

Posted Jan 24, 2017 04:44 AM

Hi pratysin ,

You are missing the -b flag.

./GatewayMigrationUtility.sh migrateIn -b C:\Users\Desktop\GatewayMigrationUtility-1.3.00\bundle\ tst.xml --host hostname --username admin --plaintextPassword 7layer -plaintextEncryptionPassphrase 7layer -trustCertificate --trustHostname --results results.xml

Regards

Seenu Mathew

• 3.  Re: GMU Import issue

Posted Jan 24, 2017 05:40 AM

Thanks for the reply Seenu.

But I already have given --bundle option in my command. Although i tried the step given by you by adding -b and I am seeing MigratIn is successful . But again its getting update in my local desktop folder. How it will go to Gateway that is question. I think we need to use detemplate or template but I am not sure. Please guide me.

Many thanks for your help. 

Regards

Praty

• 4.  Re: GMU Import issue

Posted Feb 27, 2017 10:13 PM

Hi Praty,

I would assume your data was already migrated into the Gateway.

You can verify this by maybe changing one of the services names (add the digit 1 to it) and run this command again and you will see the updated service name there.

Or you are saying that you were trying to migrate the content of one Gateway into another and nothing came up on the new Gateway?

Regards,

Amit.

• 5.  Re: GMU Import issue
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 28, 2017 02:10 PM

The '--results' option is used to create an XML file that will tell you if the migrateIn succeeded or failed to migrate in the resources to the target gateway. So if you open the 'tst-all-results.xml' you will see if your migrateIn worked. You do not upload the 'tst-all-results.xml' file anywhere.