CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

• 1.  scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

Posted Dec 16, 2016 02:26 PM

1. I created a stored query (SSS Tech L1 Tickets) to show all open tickets (requests and incidents) assigned to a specific group (Tech L1 Analyst) and assignee field empty

active = 1 and group.last_name = \'Tech L1 Analyst\' and status != \'RE\' and (assignee IS NULL)

2. I customized my scoreboard to show a folder using the above query

clicked on File > Customize Scoreboard

set the Node Label to SSS Tech L1

set the Node's Stored Query to SSS Tech L1 Tickets

clicked on the Add New Node button and then the Finished button

3. When I go to my scoreboard and click on the newly created node/folder (SSS Tech L1) it shows in parentheses the number of tickets is (23) and on the right screen there are 23 tickets listed ... see image (Scoreboard List  - Before Sorting)

4. If I click on any of the column headers (priority, open date, status, affected end user) to sort the list then the list of tickets on the right side sorts by that column however, the list of tickets is no longer showing all the tickets  - instead it is only showing the request tickets ... see image (Scoreboard List - After Sorting)

Is this because you can't have Requests and Incidents together in the same folder on the scoreboard? Am I missing something or is this maybe a bug?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Katherine

• 2.  Re: scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

Posted Dec 16, 2016 02:37 PM

Hi Katherine,

I suggest reviewing the search filter for this query before and after sorting.  It looks like an extra field is being added to the search filter.  Have you customized the list_cr.htmpl form?  Also, out of the box there isn't a way to display both Incidents and Requests in the same list.  The screenshots you provided only show Requests.  

• 3.  Re: scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

Posted Dec 16, 2016 03:18 PM

Grant,

Thanks for the information. I have not customized the list_cr.htmpl form as we want to avoid any form customization that may be considered "just for us" and could cause issues later down the road after an upgrade or something since it was not by CA. 

I did check the filter before and after sorting and the only difference is there are ( )  around my query.      

Before Search Filter
    assignment status = no assignee
    active = active
    additional search arguments = group.last_name='Tech L1 Analyst' AND status != 'RE'

After Search Filter
    assignment status = no assignee
    active = active
    additional search arguments = (group.last_name='Tech L1 Analyst' AND status!='RE')

I believe the issue is probably because out of the box way you can not display both Incidents and Requests in the same list. If I am remembering correctly from an image at CA World this year, the new XFlow Analyst view shows them all together so we may just need to hold off until we implement that to see all the tickets together like we want.

thank you

Katherine

• 4.  Re: scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

Posted Dec 16, 2016 03:25 PM

I see, I think you're correct.  Try adding AND type = \'R\' to your stored query.

• 5.  Re: scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

Posted Dec 16, 2016 03:44 PM

I added  and (type=\'R\' OR type=\'I\')  to my query and the list does show both Incidents and Requests when I first click on the folder but as soon as I try to sort on any column it just shows the Incidents. 

Really thinking it can only show one or the other when you try to sort the list on any specific column.

thanks for the help

Katherine

• 6.  Re: scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

Posted Dec 16, 2016 04:09 PM

Right, you can only view one record type on list_cr (Request), list_in (Incident) and list_pr (problem).  To show more than one record type in a list you would need to create a new form that can display all three and a custom factory.  This thread explains it a bit.

https://communities.ca.com/message/241912671?commentID=241912671#comment-241912671 

• 7.  Re: scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

Posted Dec 19, 2016 06:41 AM

Hi Folks,   This is a known limitation die to the fact that the list forms are specific to a ticket type and so when a search is done it applies the filter and thus one type or the other is missing depending on which detail form it is. 

Let me know if this makes sense, if not Incan clarify further :)

Jon I

• 8.  Re: scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

Posted Dec 19, 2016 08:56 AM

Jon,

Thanks for the information, that's exactly what I was starting to think as every folder you see on the scoreboards have separate ones for requests and incidents. I wonder if I can put some type of sort in the stored query?

thank you

Katherine

• 9.  Re: scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

Posted Dec 19, 2016 04:57 PM

Hi Jon,

I just wanted to clarify that the 'search' works fine when including multiple ticket types even though the form is one or the other.  It's only if you try to sort that list on a column heading does it then remove the ticket types that aren't for that form.  I know there have been many 'ideas' submitted to allow scoreboard views to have multiple ticket types and be sorted on, so I'll just add here that this has been something my company has wanted from the very beginning (5 years now).  People just don't want to have to check multiple scoreboard views to see all of the work that's waiting for them. 

Thanks,

Tammy

• 10.  Re: scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

Posted Dec 19, 2016 09:41 PM

Tammy,

Ditto here, but going back to r11 - so that's going on 12 years soon!  (And xFlow will not be going in to any customers any time soon).

J.W.

• 11.  Re: scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

Posted Dec 20, 2016 09:56 AM

Hi All - I totally understand the frustration on this one.  I think the main issue is that there is no combined form that displays both at this point, so when the query comes back the initial results are displayed in whatever form is the default (request or incident form) and then once you add another filter to it and hit search, then the default filters on the forms are invoked and thats when it will display the specific type of tickets for that form. Maybe it would be a good time to open a new idea for this and have more folks vote for it.  I am not sure how feasible it is to create a combined list form, BUT, I do agree it would be a nice feature to have.

Thats my 2 cents at the moment

Jon I.

• 12.  Re: scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

Posted Dec 20, 2016 10:27 AM

TheKatherine

To follow up on Jon's suggestion:  Here is a related Idea submitted from the community you can vote up, comment on, or use as the basis for your own.

Single search for all ticket types including requests, incidents, problems, changes, and issues 

Mind you, that this was created in 2013 and is still marked as 'NEW'.  But see my commentary on that issue here:

CA Service Management - Ideas Backlog/Status Updates 

Cheers and Happy Holidays.

J.W.

• 13.  Re: scoreboard list does not show all tickets after sorting a column

Posted Dec 20, 2016 12:35 PM

Hi Jon_Israel,

I built this customization for my work. The combined list form was the easiest piece.. The sitemods javascript for the right click options took me the most time (mostly because I didn't know how it was structured). 

I would be happy to share this customization with product management for review. Let me know if there's interest in that.