AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  WCC Collector performance isssues.... any better under R12?

Posted Mar 30, 2021 10:03 AM
    We, like many on this community, experience what appears to be the well known issue with the WCC 11.4 collector function.
    We use WCC to monitor 4 instances of WAAE each of which contain upto 90,000 jobs in their database.
    Specifically, job statuses in Views on the WCC Monitoring tab are regularly incorrectly reported which leads to a lot of frustration and confusion.

The only workaround seems to be to clear the WCC cache using wcc_monitor.sh but this is not really an acceptable long term solution.
    Clearing the cache in itself leads to problems because it can take the WCC monitor 20-30 minutes to then catch-up before it finally displays the correct numbers of jobs again.

There was the promise that upgrading WCC to 11.4 SP7 would resolve collector issues due to a number of patches being included but this made no difference.
    There is also the promise that under R12, the WCC Collector functionality has been redesigned and offers even better performance.

In view of the above (forgive the pun!) i have some questions..

1. Has anyone who experienced Collector issues under WCC 11.4 had them fixed as a result of Broadcom technical support providing  a solution under WCC 11.4 ?
    If so what problems were you experiencing and what was the solution?

2. Has anyone who experienced Collector issues under WCC 11.4 upgraded to R12 WCC and found that their issues were indeed resolved?
    Again, what precisely problems were you experiencing

Thanks, James.

• 2.  RE: WCC Collector performance isssues.... any better under R12?

Posted May 18, 2021 05:45 AM
    ​I have the same query. No solution I assume.

• 3.  RE: WCC Collector performance isssues.... any better under R12?

Posted Mar 18, 2024 12:42 PM

Just upgraded 11.3.6sp8 to r12.1 this Saturday, there was issue with GUI flow updating to current status, increased heap memory for collectors and tomcat as per the recommendations. However, I do see when we do right click, edit, its taking longer to open the Edit window. It seems pretty much the same as how it was on 11.3.6sp8.