Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  how to set up a siteminder policy to access a web server file based on the user id not showing other users file?

Posted Aug 03, 2015 09:43 AM

how to set up a siteminder policy to access a web server file based on the user id not showing other users file?

• 2.  Re: how to set up a siteminder policy to access a web server file based on the user id not showing other users file?

Posted Aug 03, 2015 08:23 PM

Can you please clarify your requirement in bit more detail ?

How is this different from normal SiteMinder Policy configuration where you select define resources, rules & define user(s) which has access to it ?

• 3.  Re: how to set up a siteminder policy to access a web server file based on the user id not showing other users file?

Posted Aug 04, 2015 01:24 PM

Thank you Ujwol,

Currently I have a policy on the group based applied on the application server but now my requirement is I have 1000 users in different groups, I want to configure a policy based on unique user on web server (new), wondering whether CA siteminder has any option to create dynamic rule? If so what are the options available in siteminder to configure dynamic policy/rule for large number like 1000.  Any inputs will be really appreciable.

Thank you

Buch

• 4.  Re: how to set up a siteminder policy to access a web server file based on the user id not showing other users file?

Posted Aug 04, 2015 10:00 PM

Hi Buch,

Unfortunately, I am still not clear on  your requirement.

So let me try to simplify this with an example.

You have configured your policy to include let says ALL users from User Directory Groups A, Group B.

Now ,new users are being added to the directory and you want these users to be automatically authorize to use the applications.

Please clarify if these new users belong to the existing groups (A or B) or are they part of new Group (let's say C ).

If it is later, there is no way SiteMinder can automatically grant access to the users belonging to this new group C, unless it is added to the Policy.

If you don't have a requirement to implement any restrictions and want all users belonging to all groups (including new users) to be able authorize to use this applications, then you can just select ALL while configuring the policy.

Please correct my understanding of your use case.

Cheers,

Ujwol Shrestha