Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Contract Management by Project (s)

Posted Aug 10, 2018 10:48 AM

I've been asked to look into how CA PPM (upgrading to 15.x currently) manages contract costs by project. So far I've only been able to identify the Vendor set up but not a Contract Management section. Is there anything out of the box or do we need to look into an additional module?

Thank you 

• 2.  Re: Contract Management by Project (s)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2018 12:27 AM

As far as I am aware we don't offer out of box contract management but as PPM is highly configurable you might like to create a custom object and design the approach accordingly.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Contract Management by Project (s)

Posted Aug 13, 2018 12:22 PM

Thank you Suman. 

• 4.  Re: Contract Management by Project (s)

Posted Aug 13, 2018 02:32 PM

Clarity does not do this OOTB.  A number of years ago we built our won contractor management portlets and processes.  They allowed us to enter the contractors start and end date, and budget.  When the contractor got within 15% of the end date or 15% remaining on the contractors contract value, it would automatically send an email to the PM stating that the contract was coming to an end.  This allowed the PM's to be proactive.

• 5.  Re: Contract Management by Project (s)

Posted Aug 15, 2018 11:53 PM

As others on this thread have confirmed, there is no OOTB functionality around contract management. This has to be a custom built functionality which may range from adding a few custom fields on the project to an elaborate functionality using custom objects, workflows and associated reports/portlets.