DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Config Business Payload Analyzer

Posted Jun 10, 2021 10:08 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I have a question, how to configure an agent to send information to the Business Payload Analyzer?
    I am working with the DX APM SaaS and .Net and Java agents (Tomcat)

• 2.  RE: Config Business Payload Analyzer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2021 03:24 AM
    Edited by Jörg Mertin Jun 11, 2021 03:25 AM

Hi Carlos,
    actually, you don't configure an Agent to send information to the BPA. The BPA is an own entity that needs to be configured.

It is composed of 2 parts:
    1. The BPA itself. This is a module (I call it module, but in fact it is an extension to the running Web-Server) you install into the webserver which will provide data to the BT Listener
    2. The BT Listener is the agent which will collect the data and send it over to the DX SaaS Platform.

Usually, you will install the BT Listener onto the same host as the WebServer is running on.
    In Kubernetes however, I advise in running an own instance and deploy it as a container in the same Pod as the Web-Server runs. You can then use the BT Listener for 1 or more BPA modules. Of course, one BT Listener will be able to service only so many BPA Modules, but that has to be tested on each installation, depending mostly on the amount of transaction the webserver has to service.

For the installation, check the Agent download section on your DX SaaS Tenant.

The official documentation can be found here: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/dx-apm-saas/SaaS/implementing-agents/Business-Payload-Analyzer/Installation-of-Business-Payload-Analyzer-Components/Installation-and-Configuration-of-Business-Transaction-Listener.html

------------------------------
    Customer Solution Engineering
    Broadcom Inc.
    ------------------------------