Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  "Group.permissions" parameter to CLI command "updateGroup"

Posted Jul 08, 2020 04:04 AM
    Hi there,

Does anyone know the format of the "Group.permissions" parameter to CLI command "updateGroup"?

The online document only says that it is "Array list object of filters, or XML encoded ArrayList of filters. If not set, the filters are cleared."

Regards,
    Jiangping Li

• 2.  RE: "Group.permissions" parameter to CLI command "updateGroup"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2020 04:35 PM
    Group.permissions would contain the filters for a Target Group. These would be listed as a Java ArrayList. Are you trying to update a Target Group through the CLI?

• 3.  RE: "Group.permissions" parameter to CLI command "updateGroup"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2020 07:35 PM
    Hello, Can you clarify what you are trying to achieve? If you are trying to add filters to an existing target group, use command addFilter. You can use the searchFilter command to look for existing filters for a group, including the filter IDs, which you could then use with a deleteFilter command to delete filters that you no longer want in the group. I couldn't figure out the Group.permissions syntax on a modest attempt, but I would be using the addFilter/searchFilter/deleteFilter commands to manage group filters even if I knew the syntax. Having all filters wiped out if you make a mistake in the Group.permissions value would be a concern. There may be a problem in PAM, because the searchGroup command returns an empty list even when filters are defined.

• 4.  RE: "Group.permissions" parameter to CLI command "updateGroup"

Posted Jul 09, 2020 07:55 PM
    Thanks Guys for your reply.

I am trying to updateGroup, maybe the description of the group.
    The problem with the updateGroup command is that if you don't provide a list of Group.permissions, then the existing ones will be wiped out. This is why I am trying to figure out the format of it.

Regards,
    Jiangping Li

• 5.  RE: "Group.permissions" parameter to CLI command "updateGroup"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2020 10:53 PM
    Ok, good point. We'll figure it out and get back to you.

• 6.  RE: "Group.permissions" parameter to CLI command "updateGroup"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2020 01:20 PM
    This has not been forgotten, but turned out to be rather complicated with no readily available answer. We are still trying to figure a way to do this, but have not found the time yet. You may need to open a support case if this is pressing.

• 7.  RE: "Group.permissions" parameter to CLI command "updateGroup"

Posted Aug 02, 2020 07:35 PM
    Thanks Ralf for your help.

Yeah, I have opened a support case with Broadcom.

Regards,
    Jiangping Li