Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot see Analytics page after intergrating Jarvis Analytics to API Portal

Posted Jun 12, 2019 11:12 PM
    Hi all,
    I am new in CA API Portal.
    I cannot see the analytics page after I set up the Jarvis Server and integrated Jarvis analytics with the CA API Portal.
    I suspect that is because I just mapped the domain in hosts file of the Portal machine but the hosts file is not respected by Docker.
    Is there any way to let the docker recognizes the domain without set up the network?
    Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Cannot see Analytics page after intergrating Jarvis Analytics to API Portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2019 01:44 PM
    Hi Gary,

Domains and network go hand-in-hand, so I don't think there's a way around that, unfortunately. You will need to make sure your network is configured correctly on your Portal and then try that again for Analytics viewing.

Dustin.

• 3.  RE: Cannot see Analytics page after intergrating Jarvis Analytics to API Portal

Posted Jul 24, 2019 03:24 AM
    Edited by Eunmi Jang Jul 29, 2019 01:48 AM
    Hi,

"Editing the hosts file of the Portal machine is not a viable solution since the hosts file is not respected by Docker. The network should be set up such that the domain is resolvable."
    You can see it from the doc https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-developer-portal-enhanced-experience/4-3/en/install-configure-and-upgrade/install-and-configure-api-portal/integrate-jarvis-analytics .

I did test with the host file and it didn't work. I think the jarvis domain name should be registered to DNS server, otherwise Portal could not recognize the jarvis domain. 
    So I did explicitly add host name to the 3 services - portal_apim, portal_tenant-provisioner, portal_analytics-server. Because here is no DNS server I can use.

docker service update --host-add "jarvis.example.com:IP-address" portal_apim

I add above 3 command to the end of portal.sh and it works great!

I would appreciate someone could tell another solution to resolve issue.