Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  New Configurable Recycle Bin functionality

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2021 04:25 PM

Hello All,

We have released functionality to purge your Recycle Bin on a configured basis. This will make the tedious process of cleaning out old recycled items much easier. In order to do this there is a two step process.

1st. The sub admin must go to the subscription page and click to edit the subscription. Once in the edit subscription page click the checkbox to enable workspace admins to configure the Recycle Bin Purge Time and press to save.

2nd. Go to the workspace you would like to configure a Recycle Bin purge time for and click edit in the actions dropdown. In the edit screen go to the admin capabilities and click the enable checkbox for Purge Recycle Bin. After the Recycle Bin purge is enabled, enter a number of days items can age in the Recycle Bin  before they are deleted forever and press Save. The default is 30 days. Recycle Bin items that are scheduled to be deleted will be batched into a nightly job.

Once the Recycle Bin has been configured the number of days Recycle Bin items can age before they are deleted forever will be reported on the Recycle Bin Page.

Thanks and happy Recycle Bin purging!

------------------------------
    Dan Green
    Product Manager

• 2.  RE: New Configurable Recycle Bin functionality

Posted Oct 18, 2021 09:08 AM
    Hi Dan,
    Thanks for the update.  Can you advise of what the purge time was prior to this update?  Did items ever purged on a set time frame?

Neil Goodwin
    Clarity & Rally Product Owner
    Sabre

• 3.  RE: New Configurable Recycle Bin functionality

Posted Oct 18, 2021 11:23 AM
    I answered my own question.  Our subscription is not configured to purge at the moment which is what I was expecting.

Neil Goodwin
    Clarity & Rally Product Owner
    Sabre