Release Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Failed to connect to actions package's repository

• 1.  Failed to connect to actions package's repository

Posted Sep 12, 2016 11:44 AM

Hi guys!

We have a configuration were the repository server is a standalone server.  We followed the instructions from the documentation Install and Configure a Standalone Repository - CA Release Automation - 6.2 - CA Technologies Documentation  

but the nolio_action_pack_console.log file keep showing this messages:

ERROR Failed to connect to actions package's repository
    WARN Couldn't connect to the repository - try again in 30 seconds
    INFO Repository was not synced yet. Verify that we can connect to the repository, and that the user/password is correct

Do you know how can we fix this? is there a sync job or procedure to follow we don't now of?

We've checked that the management server reaches the 8080 port on the repository server  and the nolio-repo.properties file is correctly set as per instructed by the documentation.  With hostname set with the repository's IP address:

Are we missing something here? Do we need to configure something else in Nexus? if so, what is that?

Thanks!

Patricio 

• 2.  Re: Failed to connect to actions package's repository

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 12:03 PM

Hi,

Can you confirm that from the NAC you can connect to the nexus server using the URL Http://RepositoryServer:8080/Nexus  and also that you can login using the default credentials, admin / nolionolio

Regards

Keith

• 3.  Re: Failed to connect to actions package's repository

Posted Sep 12, 2016 12:18 PM

Hi Keith!

When entering that URL we get the following error.

and the service is supposed to be running.

What could it be?

Thanks!

Patricio

• 4.  Re: Failed to connect to actions package's repository

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 12:23 PM

Hi,

On the repository server can you run this command netstat -nlp | grep 30147  and confirm that the PID is listening on port 8080, if its listening can you confirm there are no firewalls between the NAC and repository and that the firewall on the repository server is not blocking port 8080?

Regards

Keith

• 5.  Re: Failed to connect to actions package's repository

Posted Sep 12, 2016 12:31 PM

You can also check the tomcat logs on the repository server, you can see if it deploy the nexus war file properly 

• 6.  Re: Failed to connect to actions package's repository

Posted Sep 12, 2016 12:32 PM

I think it is:

and I also think that NAC reaches repository server on 8080 

Do you think that despite nc can connect to 8080 port the firewall could be causing problems?

Thanks Keith!

• 7.  Re: Failed to connect to actions package's repository

Posted Sep 12, 2016 12:54 PM

You know what? I think it's a matter of the user I'm using to run the services.  I tried everything with root (removing our nolio user from RUN_AS_USER and leaving it blank)  and it looks like we've move forward!

Do you know what kind of permission should we give our nolio user? I think that I already made him owner of the entire installation folder, running this command from the folder where RA got installed 

chown -R ournoliouser:ournoliouser ReleaseAutomationServer/

is this enough? it looks like it isn't

Thanks!

• 8.  Re: Failed to connect to actions package's repository

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 03:59 PM

Hi,

A few things can you check the nexus log that jacky mentioned and look for errors that might be causing nexus not to start. Also from a remote machine run a curl command curl http://reposervice:8080/nexus -v  this is the output form a working system

* About to connect() to ccadb port 8080 (#0)
    * Trying 10.130.***.***...
    * Connected to ccadb (10.130.***.xx) port 8080 (#0)
    > GET /nexus HTTP/1.1
    > User-Agent: curl/7.29.0
    > Host: ccadb:8080
    > Accept: */*
    >
    < HTTP/1.1 302 Found
    < Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
    < Location: /nexus/
    < Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    < Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 19:53:41 GMT
    <

It sounds like your permissions are correct, when you say things improved when you changed permissions what was different ?

Keith

• 9.  Re: Failed to connect to actions package's repository

Posted Sep 12, 2016 04:17 PM

I meant that instead of starting services as a not root user, I started services using root directly.  Nexus worked as expected and all.  So I think it's a matter of user permission.  

So at this point RA is running as root :\ 

• 10.  Re: Failed to connect to actions package's repository
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 04:29 PM

Hi,

Thanks for confirming how changing the user permissions affected the nexus service, would it be possible to shutdown nexus and change the permissions back to the previous user and clear the log folder so when you restart Nexus the logs can be reviewed to identify why the service is not starting?

Regards

Keith

• 11.  Re: Failed to connect to actions package's repository

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 05:21 AM

Hi Patricio, 

Did above answered your query. If yes I want to request to mark the same as correct. In case if you need some more help on this it looks to me a support ticket.

#openquestions