ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Workload Automation in the cloud

Posted Jul 02, 2020 07:21 PM
    I seem to recall browsing a PDF in the past.  It was probably published before Broadcom bought CA.  It was a high level look at using Workload Automation in the cloud.

Does anyone remember the at document?  Is there something similar around that I just can't seem to find?

I realize it isn't rocket science to install an agent on an IAS server, but I have an IT architect asking for some documentation to justify the decision.  I already passed him the documentation showing that DE is certified for use in Azure since 12.0.02. I'm just hopping to provide him with a bit more to keep him off my back.

------------------------------
    Andy Reimer

• 2.  RE: Workload Automation in the cloud
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2020 10:24 AM
    Hi Andy,
    Here is the link to cloud implementation for DE R12.2.  Have a look at it and it provides some important tips.
    There isn't much difference on where you install the DE and agents.  The overall OS, DB and hardware requirements will remain the same.

Thank you,
    Nitin Pande

Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto

• 3.  RE: Workload Automation in the cloud

Posted Jul 03, 2020 11:29 AM
    What about installing agents in Azure when the Dseries server is on premise?  Any issues besides network latency, and how much of an issue is that?

Andy Reimer

• 4.  RE: Workload Automation in the cloud

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2020 01:24 PM
    Hi Andy,
    Same principles will apply to agents.  You need all the necessary ports to be open.  As for network, it will depend on the cloud provider and their locations.  If you install agents and DE on the same segments then latency shouldn't be a problem.  However consult the cloud provider on it.

HTH,
    Nitin Pande

Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto